Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Dental floss for serving??? >

Dental floss for serving???

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Dental floss for serving???

Old 10-14-2006, 01:09 AM

Default Dental floss for serving???

Has anyone ever had to do this?? If I use unwaxed woulg it be O.K ? Got to go, thanks talk later
Old 10-14-2006, 01:37 AM

Default RE: Dental floss for serving???

Never heard of it, but if I did my own servings and was in a pinch I'd do a quick brush-up on different types of fishing lines use one of those.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:40 AM

Ina pinch it may get through for a short period of time, but if you are shooting a compound with a release, I just can't see that stuff holding up, On the flip side,your bow would be minty fresh!
Old 10-14-2006, 03:00 AM

Minty fresh, that was good one. Ill dig up some serving from a freind, just thought I could actaully do something with that floss stuff
Old 10-14-2006, 09:01 AM

Serving, not even a question.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've used dental floss for all kinds of things. To make tied-on nocksets. To keep a busted serving from completely unraveling until I could get back home or to camp to replace it. Tied it on oneend of a flemish string I was makingto keep it from untwisting while I twisted up the other end. Once, when trying to rough set the tiller on a single cam bow at the range, I didn't have any string to stretch over the axles, but I had dental floss in my kit.

Much to my dentist's lasting dismay, I use it more on my bows and stuff than I do on my teeth.[8D]I've always got a couple of spools of the stuff in my box of archery goodies.

But I've never actually used it for serving.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used it for tying in a peep sight and for nocking points and it works very well for these types of applications.

but it would not work well at allas serving.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

i've used it under my nock set when the serving starts to slip due to to wear from putting release directly on the string(to prevent ware on the actual string)....works till u can reserve the bow properly...some guys use string as a nock set on there trad equip....im sure floss would work as well...
Old 10-14-2006, 11:09 PM

I should of mentioned this was for my peep. I noticed my original ties slipping , un comming untied. Thanks everyone.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

well...just buy some serving and throw it in your case you can do temp repairs by hand no prob...or you can buy a serving tool with some serving and get serious

Quick Reply: Dental floss for serving???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.