Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QAD Rest

Old 10-13-2006, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default QAD Rest

Has anyone had trouble with these rests? Mine has performed flawlessly until recently. It's designed to stay up when you draw but then decide to let down without firing. It use to do that. Now it only does it about 25% of the time.

My fletching also seems to make occasional contact. Not so much with feathers but with plastic vanes it's more frequent.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: QAD Rest

Im going to call them tomarow , as its a great design , but mine has hororable contact , and I here they have a fix .
Old 10-16-2006, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

As of this weekend, it takes multiple attempts just to get the rest to "lock" in the up position.

Occasionally, it will fall without movement. Really starting to get frustrating now!
Old 10-16-2006, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just got off the phone with them , my ultrarest was a first year model , firstrun , they told me they had made many improvements as of late and are replaceing it for me thru the liftime warentee , wow , great service , call them Im sure they will treat you right

qad 434-846-5839
Old 10-16-2006, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ijimmy

Just got off the phone with them , my ultrarest was a first year model , firstrun , they told me they had made many improvements as of late and are replaceing it for me thru the liftime warentee , wow , great service , call them Im sure they will treat you right

qad 434-846-5839
Awesome!!! What info did they need about the rest? I'm at work and can't give them any info if they ask such as serial #'s etc.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didnt tell them serial #s either , they are shpping me a new one and want me to return the old one in the same package , I explained the problems I was haveing with it , severe fletch contact , and that was their solution . The reason I got intresed in the rest again , it was sitting on my shelf for a year1/2 ,is because a fellow hunter at elk camp was useing one with great sucess , great clearance with nap quickspins , and I know even slight contact with those vanes results in bad wrincles .
Old 10-16-2006, 10:32 AM
Spike

I am thinking about getting the Ripcord rest, I am wondering why you choose the QAD over the Ripcord? Thanks, MOBH
Old 10-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, I switched from the ripcord to the QAD rest. One of the main factors then was that the rip cord would not stay up when you let down the draw. It would fall too. The QAD, by design, would stay up and keep the capture on the arrow.

However, this is one of the problems I'm having now is that the QAD will not remain up on let down and will occasionally fall all on it's own.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:55 PM
Spike

LD, that makes perfect sense ~ I did not realize the Ripcord dropped when you let down. That could get pretty ugly if you let down on your first draw waiting for a better second shoot or possibly another deer coming into the area. I guess you would have to draw down, then lift the fingers back up ~ huh?
Old 10-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mo_bowhunter

LD, that makes perfect sense ~ I did not realize the Ripcord dropped when you let down. That could get pretty ugly if you let down on your first draw waiting for a better second shoot or possibly another deer coming into the area. I guess you would have to draw down, then lift the fingers back up ~ huh?
That is correct. Outside of that, they are basically the same. I believe both are quality rests but I liked the QAD better because of the ability to let down and the rest continue to capture the arrow.

I will call them tomorrow about my rest. I'm glad they have a lifetime warranty as ijimmy pointed out.

Quick Reply: QAD Rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.