Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Y cable serving let go at full draw... >

Y cable serving let go at full draw...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Y cable serving let go at full draw...

Old 09-25-2006, 09:30 PM

Default Y cable serving let go at full draw...

Was getting in a little target practice after dinner earlier tonight. After about 10 shots the Y cable serving gave up the ghost when I was at full draw. My bow, a 2000 Martin Pro-series Bengal exploded anda new Easton Axis 340 arrow quickly snapped into 3 pieces. No injuries other than a welt on my wrist, I think part of the arrow wacked me on the wrist as it flew apart. Interestingly enough I had stopped at the local pro-shop on the way home to pick a part I had ordered for my Rem. 30-06 SSBDL, a R3 butt pad. Well, I looked over the bows while I was there, even shot ademo XTand thought to myself one of these days I'm going to get a new bow. Little did I know at the time that today was that day.

After the explosion I gathered up all the pieces of the Martin, went to the pro-shop to have them give it a good going over and install a new cable and string. Shot a Parker and ended up purchasing a new Switchback XT. I'll keep the Martin as a back-up or sell it.

Moral of the story, if your cables are more than a few years old, have them replaced.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Y cable serving let go at full draw...

Yep.

Had a guy come in about two weeks ago to have a string replaced. We told him to also replace the cable but he refused. Said it ws fine and just wanted the string. Well he came to gethis bow and drew it back once in the store and guess what broke. Yep, the cable. He bloodied his hand and wrist real good and he went to get stitches.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:58 AM

Default RE: Y cable serving let go at full draw...

Glad you were not seriously injured, you can replace the bow but it would be hard to replace and eye or something of that nature.
congratulations on you new bow!
Squirreldog