Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Muzzy 90gr 4 blade grouped 4in below points 2day?? >

Muzzy 90gr 4 blade grouped 4in below points 2day??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Muzzy 90gr 4 blade grouped 4in below points 2day??

Old 09-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default Muzzy 90gr 4 blade grouped 4in below points 2day??

has anyone ever had this problem?? i am thinking that my points are 2 light and muzzy heavier. i will site in the muzzy monday
Old 09-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Muzzy 90gr 4 blade grouped 4in below points 2day??

tuning issue....if your bow AND arrows are tuned properly your FPs and BHs should group together. this late in the game your probably better off to sight in for your BHs and call it done. it could take some tinkering with the nock or rest to get them to shoot correct..i wouldnt wanna be touching anything on a bow i was hunting with this season..good luck.....next year shoot the BHs early and get your bow tuned!
Old 09-24-2006, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't overlook the possibility of a tuning issue. Your nock point or rest might need adjusted.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:42 PM
Fork Horn

i am shooting a blk max. i have nver had an issue like this. i may take it to the shop...i have trophy ridge products...pretty easy to site in. i have some 100gr rcky mntain snypers on the way...3 blade...that may help.
we will see

Old 09-24-2006, 10:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

you can have THE BEST GEAR and bow and arrows in the WORLD and youll STILL have tuning issues if not not properly tuned FOR you...THEN..as you are noticing you gota fine tune your bow.

goto easton's website and download their tuning guide. it is a good guide...follow the broadhead tuning section about half way down..it works..most of us here have done it. my shop didnt even offer to help me tune broadheads...exspecially NOW with seasons starting..they are probably very busy. its not hard to move a nock..good luck....
Old 09-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had the same problem. Mine 100 gr. Muzzys were shooting high. I spent 5 days trying to fix it. I think I have now but my arms are soo tired i need to rest them. I was getting an occasional flyer. If you do try to tune them and you get aggravated just walk away to cool down. I made that mistake which took me soo long.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:32 PM

I had the same trouble. Got very frustrated trying to tune them in with the bow. I ended up screwing with my tiller and still couldn't fix the low impact. Sent the bow to the shop had the tiller re-set even and a Muzzy ZE rest installed in place of my biscuit and started over. Had the bow tuned in 15-20 minutes and it is shooting better than ever.

One suggestion with your issue. Some more info would help but what arrows/bow/spine/fletch are you shooting? A larger fletch and helical may help. I believe my arrows may have been flying nock high with the 90's. I was using small vanes and they didn't have the drag to stabilize the arrow enough, thus causing the nose dive. Just a theory though.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:04 PM

Theres always the case that some broadheads just won't fly with your setup. Maybe the new heads will hit with your FP's. I made the mistake the other day of moving my nock down to achieve broadheads shooting with my FP's. Well, this lead to other things but I wished I would just have moved my sights down a bit a couple days before season.

I would not worry about it as long as your BH's are grouping well. Move your sights down.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:32 PM

Use a drop away arrow rest. I had the same problem untill i switched to a drop away. Now, my broadheads fly like the field points.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:09 PM

Lower your nock point a bit or raise your arrow rest,, a bit

Quick Reply: Muzzy 90gr 4 blade grouped 4in below points 2day??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.