Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Slick Trick destruction >

Slick Trick destruction

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Slick Trick destruction

Old 09-21-2006, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Slick Trick destruction

I've been reading about the bad luck Gary has been having with getting his new blade's for the06 version Slick Trick's .
I've read where some guy;s are thinking that the wait for them just isn't worth it ,maybe it isn't because the 05 version will definately do the job as well ,so here are some pic's that I took of the damage that my 05 version Slick Trick's did to my bear this fall .
I hope this enough to prove to the doubter's that the Slick Trick's ARE definately worth waiting for ,because if the 05 version does this much damage then can you imagine what the 06 version can do?

This is the entrance !

This is the entrance inside the cavity!

This is the exit inside the cavity!

This is the exit THROUGH the Shoulder!

I'll tell you I've hunted with severel different broadhead's and I cannot say that I've had this much damage done by any broadhead I've ever used .I'm not saying there aren't other great head's out there ,I'm just saying the slick trick's are worth buying whether they're the 05 version or the 06 version .

I'm a believer in the Slick Trick's either way.

nubo
Old 09-21-2006, 06:55 AM

Default RE: Slick Trick destruction

that's a darn nice hole.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

John!

Isn't that sweet !

I've read so much from guy's saying that these head's just aren't sharp enough. As far as I'm concerned there's nothing wrong with them in the first place ,and yet Gary is still trying to improve them to keep the consumer happy .This show's me that he's is very much like yourself and will make all stride's to keep us all happy with his product .
So if this doesn't show us that his product is worth waiting for Then....
I truely believe that his product from last season is top notch ,because I've proved here that they'll do the job as well or even better than most head's on the market . But What I'mreally trying to say is that there is nothing wrong with the 05 version if you can find them ,because they're an already awsome head ,and that the 06 version will definately be worth the wait .

nubo

Old 09-21-2006, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for post the pics! I got my 06 slicks about a month ago and I can't wait to really "try them out"! I haven't previously seen the damage they can do...I have only heard about it. The pics really help...thanks!
Old 09-21-2006, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think people don't realize that an extremely sharp head that shaves hair has a cut angle that is quite fragile and immediately starts to dull on impact. The slick tricks have enough sharpness to cleanly cut skin and tissue yet have enough strength to break bone if necessary. The proof is in the results look at the damage that head did to Nubo's bear. It busted 2 ribs ( in and out ) and went through the heavy leg muscles like a knife through butter and also gave him a clean pass through. What else do you want a broadhead to do?
Old 09-21-2006, 01:02 PM

I used the Slick Tricks last year to take 2 doe. I never sharpened them, just right out of the package. I shot 1 doe in the liver and she only went about 110 yards. These heads do a lot of damage. I have sharpened all of the blades with my Lansky and they are sharp! Like TerryM said, I can't shave hair with them but I wouldn't want to get hit with one.
I have emailed Gary several times and he seems like a very nice guy.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice one Nubo!!!!!!!!!!! All hail the Slick Trick! Once again congrats on the bear!
Old 09-21-2006, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet hole, I want to play!

Here was a somewhat quartering away entrance hole my 05 slick trick made on one of my does from last season ( I was 18' up)-

I'll be slinging the 05 blades that I resharpened without a worry in the world as to their effectiveness. If it will cut my light arm hair it will kill a deer IMHO.

Old 09-21-2006, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I waited and waited. Too late for me this year. My Muzzy's are shooting great and that is what i'll be taking to the woods this year. I can't in good conscious make an equipment change this late in the game. Maybe next year.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

These pictures have been my results as well. Slick tricks are worth every penny and Garry is worth having faith in that things will get worked out and everyone that still has them on order will get them.

We got a dozen of the magnum 100's in the store and sold out of them in only three days. I can tell you that the new blades are scarry sharp even though the "dull" blades were plenty sharp enough to do this kind of damage seen above.

Quick Reply: Slick Trick destruction

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.