Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Hoyt - Clicking noise at full draw >

Hoyt - Clicking noise at full draw

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hoyt - Clicking noise at full draw

Old 09-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hoyt - Clicking noise at full draw

My Razortec makes a "clicking" noise when I hit full draw. If I draw VERY slow it is not there. It never used to happen. Then I noticed my bow did NOT have the extra bolt in the limb pocket bracket like Hoyt's are supposed to have. So I had them put the bolt in and since then I get the clicking noise. The picture shows which bolt I'm talking about.

What does this bolt do? I'm pretty sure that's why I'm getting the noise. I'm tempted to remove it but I want to know why it's there. The Hoyt catalog says it makesa "more stable limb pocket".

Old 09-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hoyt - Clicking noise at full draw

I believe that is just a limb pocket lock down bolt. Not totally necessary but there for a reason.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Raxxmaster

I believe that is just a limb pocket lock down bolt. Not totally necessary but there for a reason.
I figured it's there for a reason. But why would it make a clicking noise when I hit the back wall? Is this normal?
Old 09-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Typical Buck

I seriously doubt that the clicking is coming from the limb pocket lock down bolt.

A more likely culprit is the bushing on the top limb that the yoke on the buss cable connects to. The bushing sticks just a bit to the limb and under tension makes a click when it moves. 3 of my last 4 Hoyts had this problem. Put a small drop of a parafin based lubricant such as White Lightning on the bushing where it meets the limb. After a couple of shots, your click will probably be gone for good.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:39 AM

Also check to see that any assembly / adjustment screws in the eccentrics are tight.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:13 AM

My girlfriends hoyt did that, i just backed out the limb bolt's 3-4 turns and then turned it back down and it quit. Maybe this will work for you.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Redline is right on about the noise most often heard. Mine does the same once a year or so. It's possible that something is not right though with that bolt being missing. Did they also put the washer on at the same time. Not worth much and don't loosen the bolts more than just a little when you do. They are made to fit one way. I replaced mine with brass ones (washers that is). There could be a problem with the insert for that bolt. Something made it turn up missing. Check it over good.

Been meaning to mention this. I use a magnifying glass that has a light around it for close work. You can see just about anything with it. Clamps to the bench and has a goose neck thing to move it around with. It will show a crack in something. 25 bucks.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I figured out where the noise was coming from. When the lower cam draw stop contacts the cable it was making a slight click. I put some moleskin on the draw stop where it touches the cable and the problem is gone! I was totally wrong thinking it was from the limb pockets.

Old 09-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Typical Buck

Make sure that the click is not due to the cable sliding off the side of the draw stop. My Razortec developed some lower cam lean after a couple of years to the point where the string would literally slip off the side of the draw stop when you would get to full draw. From what I recall, it made a similar "click" noise.

Went back to Hoyt for warranty work and came back with brand new cams and limbs.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Haven't heard that one for a while. Forgot all about it. Someone else a few years ago heard it while in a room without any noise. More of a ping isn't lt?

Quick Reply: Hoyt - Clicking noise at full draw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.