Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Which brand bow? >

Which brand bow?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which brand bow?

Old 08-18-2006, 09:05 PM

Default Which brand bow?

I want to buy a new bow after being out of shooting for 10 years. I can't justify $1,000 fora set up Mathew or Hoyt, which seems to have set the bar these days. What are some good bows that are not as expensive but have a lot of the new technogy advantages. I have looked at the Martin Bengal and like it. However, I would like to compare it so something.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:13 PM

Default RE: Which brand bow?

Low end hoyt, reflex ( basically a hoyt) and daimond bows which are made by bowtech. Those are my suggestions, but there are many good bows out there.

You don't need to spend a grand on a bow to get nice one.

Paul
Old 08-18-2006, 09:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

amen
Old 08-18-2006, 09:35 PM

Thanks,I have seen the Diamond in the Bass Pro and did not know anything about it. Next question, would I know the difference between a 75% and 80% let off? I would expect to have the bow set around 65#. Is the Diamond comparable to the Martin in regards to quality, performance in price? I would like to compare a Ford with a Ford. The only diffence I saw was the 5% letoff.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:47 PM

You won't really feel 5% let off and I doubt it will effect performance any really. It depends on how they measure let off as well.

Daimond is pretty much last years bowtechs, they are great bows. I own a 2004 mighty might, you can get the same bow from diamond, I think it's called the triumph. They also have the justice which is a simular bow but with a bit better draw cycle. They go for around 4-500 dollars. I think I looked at one at cabela's and it was under $400.

Same thing with reflex, just last years technology from hoyt.

I just had a buddy get a PSE firestorm light and it is a pretty nice bow as well for around 400 bucks.

I would however suggest not getting a bow at cabela's or bass pro. Even if it costs another 100 dollars for the same bow, go to a good pro shop. It will be worth it in the end. Unless you are very knowledgable about archery and setting a bow up.

Paul
Old 08-18-2006, 10:23 PM
Typical Buck

Mid range bows.....check out Diamond, Reflex, Bear, most Martins, and most Parkers. Shoot them all. See which one fits and feels best in your hand. There are very few bad bows made these days!!! Life is GOOD!!!!
Old 08-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Fork Horn

Does anybody recomend darton, i have not shot any of their bows but i have heard alot of good thingsabout them lately. Not sure if the mid-range priced.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:37 AM

I have a 2000 Darton yukon with the cps cams. Very nice bow for the money. I think I paid like 350 bucks for it in 2000. I am not familiar with thier current line up because they don't really advertise and only a few shops near me carry them. The ones I have seen lately cost more than what they are worth in my opinion. Now if you can find a good deal on one get it, but if it costs much more than 500 bucks I would really be comparing it to other bows in that prices range. I also own a hoyt and a bowtech. In my opinion both are better bows.

Like I said, I have not shot any of the new ones though, so they might have gotten much better. They will all work very well and kill deer though. And darton has very good customer service.

Paul
Old 08-19-2006, 05:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Darton would be my next bow. Here's a story for ya. A guy bought a tricked out outback a few years ago,BY PHONEfrom a very popularretail store where real pro's work, (he lives in Va.),the store is in Colorado. When it came there was and add showing all the guys of the store holding bows, they were all Dartons.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:49 AM

If I were to buy a target bow right now it would probably be a darton with a longer ATA. They are pretty accurate bows and I love the CPS cams. That or a Merlin.

Paul

Quick Reply: Which brand bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.