Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 WHAT DO YALL THINK ARE THE BEST VANES OUT! >

WHAT DO YALL THINK ARE THE BEST VANES OUT!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

WHAT DO YALL THINK ARE THE BEST VANES OUT!

Old 08-09-2006, 05:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WHAT DO YALL THINK ARE THE BEST VANES OUT!

I shot feathers through my biscuit. Worked well. Savage vanes from duravane are supposed to work well, or you could be a blazer groupie. I've shot those as well. Don't now. Using the 2" duravane.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

4" Feathers!
Old 08-09-2006, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

Blazers
Old 08-09-2006, 07:28 AM

Whats up with all this blazers are the best stuff...........

I just don't know..............

Old 08-09-2006, 02:13 PM

I just switched to the Blazers and they seem to work just as well as my 4" Duravanes with field tips. However with my fixed broadheads the blazers seem to fly better for some reason?
Old 08-09-2006, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

blazers...quickspins won't work very well with a WB due to the little "lip" on the vane.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:57 PM

oh ok thanks for the info i think im goin with blazers i dont really like the idea of using feathers
Old 08-09-2006, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Feathers.

Blazers are ok, but I find them no better than a good 4" vane like Vanetec Vmax.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Honestly is there a best vane/feather.

I've shot Muzzy fixed blade 100 for more than 10 years, now the last several I've used Rocky Mountain Snypers on our own 5 Shots recommendation/review on the head some years ago but that's neither here nor there.

I've used feathers, 4" vanes, 3" vanes and now Blazers this year for the first time, now I haven't tried to tune my Muzzy's with the Blazers but when I tuned my Muzzy's to the feathers and 4" vanes and the 3" vanes as well I was able to get the Muzzy's to drive tacks....I could not shot groups with more than one arrow at a time because of fear of shaving blades, vanes, feathers or damaging arrows.

That being said, if all vanes, feathers, Blazers are able to perform with pin point accuracy, what makes one better than the other? I'd imagine durability is the only thing that comes to mind. A pefect shot is a perfect shot regardless of the vane, arrow, broadhead.....

It comes down to durability so in that respect, yes Blazers are on top, however perhaps not the only answer to problems when it comes to air drag, tuning fixed blade heads, FOC etc...etc....

Again, I haven't tuned fixed blade heads with Blazers but I have with other vane/feather setups....and it comes down to feathers are much more forgiving then all others, arrows drag more air, tune easier, again other than perhaps Blazers to my experience....but of course Blazers are more durable...but without hijacking the thread, he already made up his mind.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

The blazers seem to be a little quicker, I guess because of their size and weight.

Quick Reply: WHAT DO YALL THINK ARE THE BEST VANES OUT!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.