Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Blazers on a Helical >

Blazers on a Helical

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Blazers on a Helical

Old 08-07-2006, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Blazers on a Helical

has anyone tried this and what did it turn out like. I am having some troubles with my broadheads planning out on me slightly, figured put um on a helical and they will be good. I am shooting the 100 grain wac'ems they are super nice. thanks for the help.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Blazers on a Helical

2" isn't a lot of length to get much helical out of a Blazer, won't hurt tho...I'd sooner offset them rather than helical a 2" vane but again, won't hurt as long as you have rest clearance.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:19 PM

I use the right helical clamp with my Bitz and add as much offset as I can but still have the base of the vane touch the arrow shaft. It's true that you can't see much of a bend in the vane but they fly like darts.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:26 PM

Rob, here we go again, buddy....HELICAL! OFFSET!! HELICAL!!! OFFSET!!!! LOL.....

I fletch mine w/ right helical, works wonderfully. I've not tested though, to see if helical on blazers spins more than offset.....

Old 08-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use a Jo-jan multi fletcher and have had no ploblem with Blazers and a right helical and that is on Axis shafts.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:58 PM

I'm using offset with T-4 turbonocks. They work great with 150 grain Magnus snuffers.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Spike

A helical is the same no matter how much of the vane you see wrapping around the shaft.

Although you don't appear to get as much helical with blazers the simple fact is you don't get as much offset either, and you don't need to. The principle behind the blazer is angle-of-approach, and material stiffness, which compensates for it's short length. Sothe right helical that you use for 4" vanes will work as well with 2" blazers.

As an old troubleshooter from my telecom days, I have to ask if you have eliminated every other cause for the planing except for the blazers?

Does the exact same arrow with the exact same broadhead fly without planing with 4" vanes or feathers? If it does then try a more aggressive offset or a helical with the blazers. If it does not - well then you got other problems.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:38 PM
Fork Horn

I dont know about what they fly like with regular vains or feathers but they have been greatly improved by going to blazers. It is well documented that the more helical a arrow has the better it flys with broad heads because it keeps the head spinning instead of catching air. I was just wondering if you can do helical flechings with a blazer vain on small diamiter arrows. I will be usinga jo jan flecthing jig. thanks for the help.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

I asked the same question last week. These guys all chimed in and helped. Thanks! So I just use my bitz used some offset and they are sweet. Shooting darts!

I shot mine through paper after I did it. I had to move my knock for some reason. But once I did, Bam!.....Shooting darts
Old 08-08-2006, 08:02 AM

I would only shoot them little suckers with a helical...................

Thats how I have mine

2" isn't a lot of length to get much helical out of a Blazer
I got em cranked pretty good

Quick Reply: Blazers on a Helical

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.