Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Monster Bows

Old 08-10-2006, 07:56 AM

Default RE: Monster Bows

Just what I need, more movement up in the stand while I am drawing back.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

monstermash
Old 09-26-2008, 04:30 PM

I noticed this thread is very old but it died here. And since I am bored and cruising the net I would like to add a little comment to it. Don't know if any of these guys are even still around. But here goes. The bow that Monster Bows puts out at the present is called the Phoenix. It is a camless bow. It achieves up to and better than 92 percent let off. It also achieves better than 300 fps IBO. It is very lightweight and extremely fun to shoot. There is a little hand shock to it. As far as noise goes, There are a couple of tricks that will make this bow very quiet. Being a center shot bow and shoot through there is no torque on the hands during shot. You can set the DL and DW without a press and they even recommend that when working on this bow you don't use a press ever. They also have 2 other bows that they will be soon into production. The Dragon that has a longer riser and a bow they are making specially for bowfishing. No I am not on there staff nor do I sell there bows. I am just an owner of one. Might be something that some of you might want to look into. Thanks for your time.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:23 AM
Spike

Default not sure but

Looks like a copy of the oneida models. I would think they is copyright infringement.

I mean just look at the limbs...
Old 02-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

That is nothing but a compact recurve. I can see how it would work, but I wouldn't buy one.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool If you are interested...

in knowing instead of guessing, here is some info you may find useful. Some will continue to bash, no doubt.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=811055
Old 06-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by datplanet
Looks like a copy of the oneida models. I would think they is copyright infringement.

I mean just look at the limbs...
it sure does look like a oneida..the cams and cables are the same (oh wait...there are no cams or cables)...

lol, monster bows infringed on nothing from oneida. infact while Mike Schuch was helping them with some of their issues with noise he offered the phoenix to claude he said no he didnt want it.

you cant infringe on a outboard design its not a pattenable item , our attorney took care of everything and oneida had a opportunity to dispute and mike schuch (owner of monster bows) never heard a thing.

on the patent web site it shows oneida didnt renew their paten on the Black eagle , it was up in 2003...so it is wide open the way i understand it. please correct me if the website is wrong

Last edited by mikieday; 07-16-2010 at 06:57 PM.