Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Drop Tine Whisker Biscuit?? >

Drop Tine Whisker Biscuit??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Drop Tine Whisker Biscuit??

Old 01-01-2002, 05:36 AM

Default Drop Tine Whisker Biscuit??

I am thinking of trying one of these rests on my new bow. I am also going to make the switch to carbon. Will this combo work with feathers instead of vanes?? Any advice would be great!!! Thanks
Old 01-01-2002, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Drop Tine Whisker Biscuit??

I currently shoot with the biscuit. It seems to be a good rest, but with all that contact with the arrow, not sure if it is affecting flight or not. Some fellas say you can trim some of the whiskers off the back to help speed up the arrow.
I plan on getting the Muzzy Zero Effect soon. If you want the biscuit, let me know, we can work something out and Ill send it to ya.

AllenC
Old 01-02-2002, 04:30 PM
Spike

ram96,

I have the original whisker biscuit on each of my bows, and love them. I am one of the fellas that says you can trim the biscuit. I chose the original over the drop-tine, because their is one more adjustment that can be made. You can use feathers if you want, or vanes. Be sure you get the proper biscuit for the arrows you are going to shoot. They have three different ones. The aluminum biscuit is for aluminum or carbon arrows. The ICS carbon biscuit is for standard carbon or the real small outsert type carbon arrows. The carbon biscuit is for the smallest carbons, the outsert type.
You may or may not need to trim the biscuit. I had to trim mine, because I shoot a six degree helical, and the fletching would try to pull the backside bristles in on the shaft as it went through. This caused my speed top drop and my groups to open up. When I trimmed the biscuit, my speed came back and my groups came back together. I won't shoot anything else now, and I shoot 3-D tournaments, 3-D league, 300 league, and hunt with the biscuit.

Reggie
Old 01-02-2002, 09:31 PM

I am currently using a QuickTune3000 arrow rest with carbon arrows. I recieved the Drop Tine Whisker Biscuit as a Christmas Gift and have heard some good things about it. My question is how does the Whisker Biscuit function in adverse weather such as rain and snow? Would you say that it is a better rest than the one I am using now?

Brian
Old 01-03-2002, 04:09 AM

Brian,

I hunted all fall with mine and had it in rain, freezing rain and some snow. No problems at all. For hunting purposes it is hard to beat. On mine, I not only trimmed the back, I cut notches in it for the vanes to pass through. With this modification I have lost almost no speed with it, and I shoot as accurately with this rest and I have with any other.
Old 01-03-2002, 04:48 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-03-2002, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

ok.....ok......So which one of you is volunteering to come to Laurel, De. to help me set mine up properly

AllenC
Old 01-03-2002, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

how do you trim the w.b.?
Old 01-03-2002, 05:06 PM

Thanks everyone for your help. I had read nothing but good things but, your imput is much more valuable. I am also curious on how to trim them. Thanks again.
Old 01-04-2002, 05:51 AM

This is how I trimmed my biscuit.

To trim the back I took pair of small scissors that had a small tip and simple cut the bristles as near the metal ring as possible. I only cut a few bristles at a time, rotating around the ring until I had several layers cut away and the back of the biscuit was flat. This took a few minutes.

To cut notches for the vanes, I took a very sharp, small pocket knife and cut the bristles off near the metal ring, by poking the kife all the way through and using a sawing motion along the ring. This part went very fast and only took a minute or so. At first, I worried that taking out so many bristles would weaken the support for the arrow, too much. I've shot several thousand shots through the biscuit after the modifications and it supports the arrow well enough and it shows no noticable wear.