Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 vane position with drop away? >

vane position with drop away?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

vane position with drop away?

Old 07-18-2006, 02:04 PM
t3

Default vane position with drop away?

is there a certain way that the cock vane goes when using a drop away because with my wb i put the cock vane up but when i put it up with the drop away the fletching is hitting something. i just put the rest on so it may be out of tune. any suggestions would be helpful.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: vane position with drop away?

T3, I shoot cock feather up with my drop zone no fletching contact what so ever, But it doesnt hurt to just move it around till you find where you dont have any contact. What rest are you useing?? it might be a tension or spring issue. Walt
Old 07-18-2006, 02:16 PM
t3

i have a nap drop away 2000 rg, and thanks for the info.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a QAD dropaway and i shoot cock vane up.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

It should clear by the time the vanes get to it. Use the powder trick to find out exactly where you are hitting. or you can just try some other positions.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:26 PM

It simply doesn't matter. The rest FALLS AWAY, so if your bow is in tune, and the rest is timed properly, it's a non issue.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:03 PM

With my NAP 4000 I shoot cock fletching down but that's just because I have always used prong rests and that's what I'm used to. It sounds like you need to tweak the rest timing a little by giving a bit more length to the loading cable. I find it easiest to adjust with two people. Try loosening the cable bolt then drawing the bow. With the bow at full draw have a friend pull the cable tight just enough to cock the rest. Let down and pull just a smidge (2-3mm) more cable through the locking bolt then tighten it down. This should allow the rest to fall away before the vanes get to it.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:06 AM

As a few people have already stated, it shouldn't be a problem if you rest is timed properly. That is what causes most contact problems.
When I shot the Quicktune rests, I always shot cock vane down.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Depends on the rest.

With the QT2000 it shouldn't matter though you will have more room for error with the cock vane down.

With the APA twisterI am shooting nowit must be shot cock vane down. Some others are this way also.

Also depends on how tall your vanes or feathers are.

There is no single correct answer for all fall away rests.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

My Hoyt shelf is the problem on mine. I shoot with the cock vane up but slightly tilted in towards the riser. The outside vane catches the edge of the shelf if I don't. The shelf for some reason is in the shape of a U . What the outside lip is for I don't understand and have given more than half a thought to grinding it down.

Quick Reply: vane position with drop away?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.