Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Blazer vanes falling off >

Blazer vanes falling off

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Blazer vanes falling off

Old 07-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default Blazer vanes falling off

I just had blazer 2" vanes put on a few of my carbon arrows by the localbow shop. After a couple of times out target shooting, I had one arrow have avane fall completely off as it passed through my whisker biscuit, another arrow had the tail end of the vane come loose.

The vanes on the other 6 arrows appear to be ok.I have never had a problem with thequality of work from the bow shop, is this something characteristicof the blazer vane, or just bad workmanship?

I am going to have the shop fix the mistakes, check the other arrows for problems, but would like to know if anyone else has had problems with blazer vanes.

-RickC.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:56 PM

Default RE: Blazer vanes falling off

Nothing against your shop, tech's have bad days too. I would have to say bad workmanship. I've just NEVER had a problem w/ Blazers falling off, even through a WB. What glue does he/she use, do you know?
Old 07-17-2006, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

Not sure what type glue is being used. Do the blazers require anything out of the ordinary to make them stay put?
Old 07-17-2006, 06:24 PM

Nope. In fact, that's one of their selling points. No preperation needed. He prolly just didn't get quite enough glue on, or perhaps there was some oily residue left on the arrow. In either case, it's nothing to worry about, I don't think.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Again, good call mobo. Could be that he got a little oil on them from his hands, perhaps a little sweaty in this heat! Mine have stuck real good, especially to the wraps.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:03 PM

I had the same problem at first with my Blazers not wanting to stick. Applied 3" wraps for my second round at applying Blazers. Haven't lost a vane in three months.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Agreed, don't blame the Blazer's in fact, I've shot through my Morrell bag with my ACC's and Blazers and torcher them to get them out and they still stick....yup, KE...oh you asked, Allegiance!
Old 07-17-2006, 09:05 PM

Rob, if you would have been shooting the Trykon, it would have went through the target, through the bush, past the tree, over the street, through the garbage can and under the porch. Nothing but net!!!
Old 07-17-2006, 10:26 PM

I hear ya Rob. My arrows have started going through my bag up to the nocks even with the (piece of junk) BLOCK behind that.

Those blazers are still blazin'.

Rick: Buy yourself a Bitz and solve that problem.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:27 AM

same problem .I figure I could do that good
bought a blitzberger.no problem since

Quick Reply: Blazer vanes falling off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.