Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 how exactly does a biscuit work? >

how exactly does a biscuit work?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

how exactly does a biscuit work?

Old 06-29-2006, 08:45 AM

Default how exactly does a biscuit work?

so i have seen these things on some bows. but, i am still a tad green so i am unsure how this rest works. is the arrow to fly through the rest? does it effect flight? and my biggest question is does the brissles wear down and make the arrow 'droop'. let me know fellas!
Old 06-29-2006, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how exactly does a biscuit work?

There is a ton of information on this site regarding that rest. Many pro's and cons. IMHO, I'd rather push an arrow through "air" (drop-away), versus pushing it through "bristles".....
Old 06-29-2006, 09:27 AM
Typical Buck

The arrow shaft goes throught the hole in the center of the biscuit and the fletches push their way through the bristles.

While I am sure that there is some minimal amout of wear that occurs over time, it would take a heck of a lot of shooting (probably more than you would do in a lifetime) to actually wear a biscuit out.

With respect to the accuracy thing, if you take the time and tune your bow well, the biscuit is more accurate than 99% of the archers will ever be. I am pretty sure that one of the pro target shooters shot a 300-60X (perfect score) using a biscuit.

It is simple, easy to tune and darn near foolproof. It is probably the best hunting rest made.

While there are plenty of "techno-weenies", myself included, that shoot other rests (drop aways, prong types, etc...) they tend to be a little more tempremental than the WB. It takes more to get them set up correctly and they all have moving parts that can break or fail to work correctly. The WB has none of these shortcomings.

If you want the most simple, maintence free rest made, then the WB is IT.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:55 PM

IT's good enough I'll be taking off my Drop Zone and installing a WB. Friend of mine has had the same buscuit for 3 years and hasn't had to change a thing. IMHO, the WB is positively the best hunting rest on the market. No moving parts, nothing to fail, and the arrow will never fall off, making especially appealling to the spot and stalk hunter.

If I had to pinpoint a negative, it would be the effect it sometimes has on vanes. W/ some vanes, they wrinkle pretty badly, but the Blazers and feathers work very, very well.

The WB is incredibly accurate, simple to install and tune, and the only negative impact on arrow flight is the loss of MAYBE 3 fps. Whoopidie Doo!
Old 06-30-2006, 03:24 AM

The Bisquit is awesome . I have a drop Tine and it has taken a beating over the last year or two ( rough stalk and hunt conditions). I shoot aluminum arrows , with wraps and 2 inch Blazer vains with a dab of super glue on the front tip of each vain and the system is bullet proof. Ive hit a lot of 2 inch groups from 30 yards out and into animals with this set up .
I approve
Thers alot of little secrets with this set up that make it really solid so let us know if you get one.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:50 AM

hmm!

well, i am not too keen on my rest that i have now. i am sure it just will take me time to get use to. my rest that i got with my bowis just a basic rest.

I might just have to try one of these WBs.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:08 AM

You slap some butter on one and there you go, breakfast!
Old 06-30-2006, 07:09 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: The Lone Wolf

There is a ton of information on this site regarding that rest. Many pro's and cons. IMHO, I'd rather push an arrow through "air" (drop-away), versus pushing it through "bristles".....
I'm with the wolf.HCH
Old 06-30-2006, 07:10 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

IT's good enough I'll be taking off my Drop Zone and installing a WB. Friend of mine has had the same buscuit for 3 years and hasn't had to change a thing. IMHO, the WB is positively the best hunting rest on the market. No moving parts, nothing to fail, and the arrow will never fall off, making especially appealling to the spot and stalk hunter.

If I had to pinpoint a negative, it would be the effect it sometimes has on vanes. W/ some vanes, they wrinkle pretty badly, but the Blazers and feathers work very, very well.

The WB is incredibly accurate, simple to install and tune, and the only negative impact on arrow flight is the loss of MAYBE 3 fps. Whoopidie Doo!
NO, the TROPHY TAKER DROP AWAY IS HCH
Old 06-30-2006, 07:15 AM
Banned

http://www.strictlybowhunting.com/Anov01issue/trophy_taker_reviewJN.htm http://www.trophytaker.com/about.aspx Here is some info for you. Dan Evans is the man when it comews to drop aways.HCH

Quick Reply: how exactly does a biscuit work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.