Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Montec Broadheads >

Montec Broadheads

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Montec Broadheads

Old 06-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Spike

Default Montec Broadheads

Does anyone have any experience with these? I've always shot Thunderheads but picked some of these up. Theyseem easier to tune for me, but I don't seem to be able to get them as sharp as I'd like. That may just be my paranoia though. Any insight would be great.

Thanks
Old 06-20-2006, 05:56 PM

Default RE: Montec Broadheads

practice practice practice solid montec work great the newest batch has been sharpened great way better edge but all it takes is a little time and they can be scary sharp!!! i use them on hogs and deer!!! want to try their replaceable heads also!!!
Old 06-20-2006, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

I've shot them for 2 seasons now, and I don't have anything negative to say about them. I do wish the tips were a little more durable. I put one through a doe's front leg bone, and the tip got buggered up a little. Had that happen on a few others that went wide of the taget too, but that was my fault. As far as sharpening, they'll take an edge with some work, and they don't take long once you get the hang of it. I just bought 9 more for elk season.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like em, but they need to be sharper out of the box. Like mentioned above they are suppose to be addressing this problem.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

I used thunderheads and then i switched to montec and I love them. Thunderheads have to many pieces to mess with.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

The Montec is a great BH. I have been shooting them for the last 3 years with absoloutely zero problems.

The original designs seemed to make quite a bit of noise, however the currently shipping design has tapered edges on the blade vents and the rear edge of the blade. It has made them quite a bit quieter on the shot.

As far as accuracy goes, they have been the easiest to tune fixed blade BH I have ever used.

The sharpness has never been up to my standards out of the package, however just a couple of minutes with some 600 and 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper and a flat surface and they are scary sharp. While they don't feel as sharp as something like a Steel Force or a Thunderhead they will shave hair just as eaisly.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:30 AM
Spike

Thanks for the input guys. It's good to hear some positive reinforcement on them.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:16 PM

I have been using G5 Montecs for the past two years with my Browning Tornado. This year I am going to be shooting a BowTech Old Glory. The speed is about 50 fps faster, is this going to make the Montecs difficult to tune? I heard these faster bows dictate that you shoot mechanicals. Anybody shooting Montecs over 300fps without problems?
Old 06-27-2006, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing wrong with the Montec's ,they're a good head ,ya not to sharp out of the pack ,but with a little time and patience ,they can be made scary sharp.I still use them occassionally along with the Slick Trick's ,both these head's fly awsome and are both easy tuner's compared to my field point's .

nubo
Old 06-27-2006, 11:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I heard these faster bows dictate that you shoot mechanicals.
Nope, not true at all. But... tuning problems do tend to be magnified, probably. The newer "shorty" broadheads such as Rock Mtn. Turbos, Slick Tricks, and NAP's Crossfire are drawing rave reviews from the fixed-blade crowd who are shooting higher speeds.

Quick Reply: Montec Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.