Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Hoyt Ultra Sport >

Hoyt Ultra Sport

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hoyt Ultra Sport

Old 06-15-2006, 06:17 PM

Default RE: Hoyt Ultra Sport

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Actually, that makes pretty good sense given the fact that you are close to the line of a 400 and a 340. And unless I'm mistaken, and I don't believe I am......the Axis isn't available in a 320......

Anyway, the point is this. Most bows will perform better if slightly overspined.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:19 PM

the reason I found it od was because of the direction of the tear for an under spined arrow,to weak a shaft would be left wouldn't it?
Old 06-15-2006, 06:25 PM

Yea it would ...hard right tear, in most cases, indicates over spined arrow. I'm going to give it a try tommorow...also not sure what cam lean is.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:27 PM

ORIGINAL: LoneCoyote

I'm using 100 gr point but I've tried the 125 gr and it made no diff... and sorry to say, I'vealready moved the rest to the extreme in both directions. As for the rest, it's in the proper posistion at about the last 2 inches of draw. Not trying to shoot done your help mobowhuntr, I do appreciate it. That's odd dynatec(same tear), a stiffer arrow..never tried that...I wonder..lol. By the way I see that your from Nova Scotia...so I'm I (Liverpool), do you go to thenovascotiahunting.com website??
Lonecoyte I haven't been to that sight, this is the only one I visit. I don't seem to be able to find the time to look around much.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:33 PM

ORIGINAL: LoneCoyote

Yea it would ...hard right tear, in most cases, indicates over spined arrow. I'm going to give it a try tommorow...also not sure what cam lean is.
cam lean is when you draw your bow the tension slightly twists your cams
Old 06-15-2006, 06:43 PM

Should give it a try...lots of fellow bowhunters from around the province...always something to shake your head at..lol.Thanks for the help and I'll post a reply on how it went with the stiffer arrow.
Auction Block...starting bid..$1.00