Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 how many use a no-peep ? >

how many use a no-peep ?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

how many use a no-peep ?

Old 05-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: how many use a no-peep ?

I just ordered a new one for my new Switchback XT. I wouldn't EVER go back to a peep. The No Peep eliminates so many habitual problems that I don't know why everyone doesn't use one. [8D]
Old 05-23-2006, 07:14 AM
Spike

I have used two no peeps...one on a Mathews Outback, and one on a Mathews Ultra Max. I liked it on the Outback, but thought I shoot better with a peep. I think that me be because I didn't have a solid anchor point. I'm now trying the no-peep with a kisser button to see how that works.

On the Ultra Max the no peep was a nightmare. The UltraMax has a good bit of vibration to it, and the no-peep would not hold up. It kept vibrating loose at the set screws, causing it to move around. As I said, absolute nightmare. But, with todays low vibration bows this should not be a problem...just something to consider for those of us that still use an older bow. (And I superglued the set screws on my Outback to make sure it didn't move.)
Old 05-23-2006, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Terry---No-Peep user here and love it.I will never go back to a regular peep again.Like Dave said,its either a love or hate thing with the NP and it seems to be a half-half thing with the members on this board.
The only negative about the NP that I can think of is setting it up,a real pain your first time around.It will get easier your second time if you ever replace bows or just want to tinker with your current bow.Best advise I can give is have a friend help with the bow at full draw for the last final adjustments.Move in VERY small incresments,I mean very small,its touchy .
I placed mine under the pins and found it to perform better in this fashion.With a rock solid anchor,which you will acquire with the NP is very accurate,especially in hunting situations and at hunting distances.
Biggest positive with the NP is no peep on the string to twist,blur vision during low light conditions.Rock solid anchor,very consistent,and takes weight off string making for a faster arrow flight.
I have weighed all the possibilities when considering purchasing a NP and the positives were far greater then the negatives.Very glad I went this route and will never look back.
I am going to Toronto this summer with the family for a week to attend a wedding,we can get together along with nubo and set the bows up.
If there is anything you need just holler.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sound's pretty good to me Jason.

nubo
Old 05-24-2006, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not sure which one your talking about but if it's the one with the cross hairs in the rear, I didn't care for it. The white hairs were to hard to see and they blocked a gooddeal of the target and I couldn't get the pin centered enough in the middle of the hairs. Took the hairs off and replaced it with a pin and it was much better.

There was a time when people didn't use peeps and some of them are the legends of today. The ones I've read about don't encourage me to loose mine as they boasted a success rate of 25%. One in four of their shafts hit the mark (hunting). They would go out hunting with 50 or more shafts.Just something to think about.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:29 AM

different device nodog. you don't look thru the no-peep at your sight.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:33 PM
Typical Buck

I use a knot tied to my string instead of a Kisser Button. The reason is that the knot costs me from 1 to 2 fps in speed where the Kisser Buttln can take as much as 10 fps.

I am not a speed geek but I don't want to give up any more than I need to.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:44 PM

I believe you were talking about the Hindsight nodog.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I think I've heard enough.Looks like I need to order a no-peep. Lots of time over the summer to figure out if its for me or not.

Extreme1, Nubo. Sounds like a plan, refreshments to follow?
Old 05-24-2006, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Terry.

Just go to nubo's place and get the one I sent him, he'll never figure out how to install it anyway

Quick Reply: how many use a no-peep ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.