Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Alright, let's hear it.... >

Alright, let's hear it....

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Alright, let's hear it....

Old 05-01-2006, 10:23 PM

Default Alright, let's hear it....

Well i'm getting that itch to buy a new bow for no particular reason. I currently have a 2003 mighty might that i love but you know how that goes. I like the short axial length on it the only thing i don't like is the "ridge" in pulling the bow back. I drew a friends matthews and it was much easier to pull back at the same draw weight. I'm really interested in the new bows with the bininary cams by bowtech so my question is how much smoother are they than my single cam mighty might, and how much better is an 06 than an 05. I've kinda been under the belief that it only costs a little more to go first class so do it right the first time, but let me hear your opinions. I've been looking at the tribute and allegiance.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:01 PM

Default RE: Alright, let's hear it....

I was in a similar situation myself and ended going with the Switchback, and I love it! It did cost a little bit more, but after shooting alot of different bows I just felt like I would be settling. And of course I could'nt settle for something less than what I felt was the best.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

GoIllini, I had a 2002 Mighty-mite and the draw was fairly stiff. The 2003 was supposed to draw a little smoother.

I shot a lot of bows this year paying close attention to the draw stroke. For some reason a smooth draw is one of the top things I cared about ,if not the top, when choosing my newest bow.
Iselected the bows that met my specs on paper and then went and shot each on my list, letting the draw stoke and energy supplied at that stroke make my decision.
I'm not sure why I place such an emphasis on the feel of the draw, but todays bows are so close every where else it has to come down to something.
My choice came down to the Switchback, Switchback XT, Tomcat & Tribute.
The Mathews drew nicely enough, but the original Switchback was just too close to my Patriot to justify the purchase, the XT had all the specs right and ran a very close second to my finalchoice which was a 60# Tribute.

The draw on the binaries is very linear with no abrubt humps or severe weight increases during the draw stroke. I am currently shooting the smooth mods as the speed mods felt about like my Patriot does at 65# (which is a smooth bow in itself).
The main reason I wanted a new bow was to drop my weight down to 60, but maintain the speed my Patriot was performing at at 65#.
The binaries provide.

Right now I'm at 29" draw, 61#390 gr arrow @ 273fps on smooth mods.

Make a list, shoot every bow on the list, close your eyes and feel the draw and resulting shot, choose your next ride & enjoy.

BTW, that new parker 30"er looks interesting w/a 330 IBO.

Old 05-04-2006, 07:53 PM

GoI, you'll see a very noticeable difference in your bow, and a Tribute (closest to the MM). The Tribute builds weight at the front end of the draw, then drops into the valley. There is no "hump" to get over at the end of the draw curve. With the smooth mods, speed will be very much the same as your MM. The Tribute is quieter, and has less vibration/recoil. If you're ready to get a new bow, look closely at the Tribute for a bow with similar ata and brace height.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Banned

I would just get one of these so you sleep good at night knowing you bought the BEST. You work hard for your money; spend it wisely and get a HOYT TRYKON.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

[8D]
Old 05-05-2006, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I were you I would test both the Tribute and the Switchback XT. I think they are more what you are looking for in terms of smooth draw and ATA. In fact the ATA is very similar to your MM. The advantage the Tribute will have is adjustable draw length and draw curve merely by switching modules vs having to buy a entire new cam for draw length only adjustment from the Mathews. I shot both and quite frankly they are both really nice bows. You should also try the Trykon but you may not be wild about the draw curve on that one but its a nice shooting bow if you like the draw curve.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'll throw a wrench in this...how about the Diamond Justice? It is the more rounded (both in geometric shape and draw force curve) freedom single cam. That would put it fairly close to your Mighty Mite in terms of overall feel of the draw cycle while still giving a smoother transition into and out of the valley. Price is pretty respectable too at around $500.

Old 05-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

get a HOYT TRYKON.
Talk about a terrible draw cycle... [8D]

Frank (PABowhntr) brings up a good point; if you haven't drawn one of the newer Diamonds, you're missing out. I'm STILL in love with the Diamond Victory. The Liberty is probably one of the sweetest-drawing bows made today...

When I was working the BowTech booth at the Illinois Deer Expo, we had a guy come by and tell me he had had shoulder surgery before. I suggested the Liberty, -- and one draw later, he was leaving to go buy one.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Banned

This should help you. http://www.hoyt.com/

Quick Reply: Alright, let's hear it....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.