Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Vital Bow Gear slider users--->>?? >

Vital Bow Gear slider users--->>??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Vital Bow Gear slider users--->>??

Old 04-22-2006, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Vital Bow Gear slider users--->>??

Have any of you ever had a noise issue with a Vital bowGear slider sight?

I'm shooting the Pro-slide and noticed recently when I switched bows that the head is loose where it is allowed to pivot (or slide)and this is the assumed cause of a clunk I'm hearing during the shot. (it's either this or my recently "o-ring" upgraded Drop zone rest)

I've e-mailed VGB about this and figured in the meantime I'd ask here.

If I have to I'll pull it and see if the noise goes away, but with my no-peep mounting bracket sandwiched between it and the riser I'd rather leave it on if at all possible.

Any noise issues & possible cures from other VBG users?
Old 04-22-2006, 12:04 PM

Default RE: Vital Bow Gear slider users--->>??

I shoot the Star Track and haven't had an issue. The aperture is a little loose, but it makes no noise. Perhaps there is a ceramic washer or something in there that is broken??
Old 04-22-2006, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

It could also be the drop zone, the shop put the upgrade kit in it & I never noticed the noise of either while they were on my STS equipped Patriot. Now that both are on a non-sts Tribute I can hear a light clunk. Guess I need to dismantle.
I think I'll start with a big chunk of foam under the DZ drop arm and a bare shaft to rule it out.

Thanks for the input.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well just to clear-up the Vital Bow gear name, the noise was & is coming from the drop zone rest. I dismantled and fooled with the entire set up for a few hours today and no matter what I could always make the bow shoot quieter if I wedged some weather stripping foam underneaththe launcher arm hole with the arm in the up position(not allowing it to drop) & shooting a bare shaft.
As quiet as the bow & accessories are, wedge some foam intheDZ and it get's even quieter....it think it's the springs vibrating inside along the teflon tubes........

BTW, my sight and no-peep were removed for this "testing"