Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 ? For you arrow builders >

? For you arrow builders

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

? For you arrow builders

Old 04-06-2006, 06:45 PM
Spike

Default ? For you arrow builders

Hey Guys,
I have started fletching my own arrows. I purchased some bohning arrow wraps. When I wrapped a few arrows, the wraps over lap about 1/8".
I need to know if this is normal? Or can you order wraps that meet and make a nice seem?
Thanks, Mark
Old 04-06-2006, 07:50 PM

Default RE: ? For you arrow builders

Most wraps come in 2 sizes carbon and aluminum, but they will all overlap slightly. The carbon wraps are usually thinner for less overlap, 1/8" overlap should be fine.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:51 PM

You won't notice any difference at all. I have some carbons wrapped with aluminum wraps and it makes no difference in arrow flight in the least. Wrap em, fletch em, shoot em. Don't worry about it in the least.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not a problem, but try and position the arrow in the jig, justso as to prevent glueingthe vane inthat area. You'll be fine!
Old 04-07-2006, 06:22 AM
Spike

Thanks for the info guys. Mark
Old 04-07-2006, 10:33 AM

A lot of people recommend placing on of your fletching on that overlap so you dont notice it....
Old 04-07-2006, 02:56 PM

ORIGINAL: rdneckhntr

A lot of people recommend placing on of your fletching on that overlap so you dont notice it....
Yeah, I actually do that but not so I don't notice it. If you glue one vane on the joint, it just helps to secure the edge so it doesn't roll up.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have real small diameter carbon arrows. Mine wrap almost completely around but doesn't seem to effect the arrows or fletching. So I guess I agree with most others, makes no difference.[8D]
Old 04-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

I also glue one of my vanes right on the seam of the wrap.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Proff

I also glue one of my vanes right on the seam of the wrap.
Never thought about that, but i do glue my nocks on, they are over-nocks because of the small diameter shaft, so if the wrap doesnt end on the little rise..... but I have never had trouble with any coming un-wrapped. Shoot when I have to replace a fletch got to replace wrap too and I have to work a good half-hour to an hour to prepare the shaft......so doubt they will ever come off and they are wrapped over. Tried to cut them small once..... [&:]didnt work, so just wrap it all the way, then fletch, then shoot! [8D]

Quick Reply: ? For you arrow builders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.