Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Elite lawsuit....... >

Elite lawsuit.......

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Elite lawsuit.......

Old 04-04-2006, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Elite lawsuit.......

I don't really have a horse in this race but thought some of you may find this interesting if your planning on dropping hard earned $$$ on an Elite. They look to be OK bows, but I don't really know if I would spend the $$$ on one knowing that this is going down......hard to tell what the outcome will be and if they will be able to survive this as a startup company.

Extreme Technologies, Inc., doing business as BowTech, vs. Kevin Strother, Kate Strother (formerly known as Kate Robinson), Elite Archery, Inc., and Does 1-10: Plaintiff alleges breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, misappropriation of trade secrets, intentional interference with business relations, conversion, civil conspiracy, injunction, accounting. Suit seeks to enjoin defendants from direct or indirect competition with plaintiff's business, and using or disclosing plaintiff's trade secrets. Suit seeks return of all confidential information and accounting for and disgorging of all proceeds of sales of plaintiff's property. Suit seeks $1.5 million in damages and punitive damages to be determined at trial.
http://www.registerguard.com/news/2006/03/30/d2.cr.records.0330.p2.php?section=cityregion

Old 04-04-2006, 09:11 AM

Default RE: Elite lawsuit.......

you know, punitive damages can be trebled (legalese for tripled)if they find some of those things valid.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

You know, I think more companies and more competition will only improve archery and we will benefit. But I wouldn't be sinking big bucks into an Elite bow until it has a couple years history and looks like it will survive. A lifetime warranty means nothing if the company " for whatever reason" ends up folding. I have looked at the website, I'm sure they are great bows but from what I read on the other website there seems to be alot of issues getting bows to market. I have heard of a few demo bows in reps possession but not one single person has yet to post that they actually have a bow, many claim to have placed orders though. Also the only advertising I have seen is basically word of mouth and internet archery forums. Even the Elite website only has pictures of one model, does that mean the others are only on paper at this stage? Not sure that's enough exposure to launch a new brand. They need to come out with a full marketing plan and some inventory which is difficult if your start up cash is tied up in a legal battle. That rubberized finish sounded like a great idea but apparently it peels off so thats not going to happen now. I wish them well and hope it flies.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:25 AM

Many people on this forum probably don’t want to say things as bold as this, but I have no fear to speak my own opinion on this matter. What you have listed sounds like good news to me. I on the other hand do not wish him well. He once was poison spreading within a great company (BowTech) and now he can deal with his poison all alone within his own “wanabe company”. His motives to originally start his own company; will be the same motives that cause him to fail. A vengeful heart will not prevail.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmm, can't say we didn't smell this coming. GladI went ahead and ordered a Tribute instead of wating on this line to come together.
That thread on AT where the rep posted video's sealed the deal for me, but this lawsuit and it's outcome possibilities are just icing on the cake.

Who knows, maybe it will get thrown out of court? Maybe not.....
Old 04-05-2006, 05:52 AM

ORIGINAL: MilDotMaster

Many people on this forum probably don’t want to say things as bold as this, but I have no fear to speak my own opinion on this matter. What you have listed sounds like good news to me. I on the other hand do not wish him well. He once was poison spreading within a great company (BowTech) and now he can deal with his poison all alone within his own “wanabe company”. His motives to originally start his own company; will be the same motives that cause him to fail. A vengeful heart will not prevail.
wow,a really informed opinion from someone who has been shooting a bow for 3 months
Old 04-05-2006, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope they come out ok and start selling some bows--they have definite potential.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

HMMM! not sure about that one . I think I'll just go and look at another BowTech for now,till this all blow's over .

nubo
Old 04-05-2006, 08:05 AM

ORIGINAL: gibblet

wow,a really informed opinion from someone who has been shooting a bow for 3 months
OUCH!
Old 04-05-2006, 08:53 AM

ORIGINAL: gibblet

Gibblet,

Don’t need 20 years of archery experience to identify a bad seed in a good company. You also don’t need 20 years of experience to have an opinion; that is why it’s called an opinion, not a fact. As far as your comments about my post, I can handle anything you dish out. When I make bold statements I’m aware that spineless people will make attacks against my opinion vs. having an opinion of their own. You never surprise me.

Quick Reply: Elite lawsuit.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.