Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 brightest single pins? >

brightest single pins?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

brightest single pins?

Old 03-29-2006, 08:26 AM

Default brightest single pins?

who in your opinion has the brightest single pin set up or muliple single pin on the market without the coiled fiber optic. a sight that can be used for 3d and hunting. i saw a sword sight with the light and different size pins and was dissappointed.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:32 AM

Default RE: brightest single pins?

Just curious, why can't it have the coiled fiber optic?

Without that, they are all basically going to have the same level of brightness.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:03 PM

IMPACT ARCHERY Cosmic Ring. THE BRIGHTEST SIGHT without a light, even brighter than sights with lights
Old 03-29-2006, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've always wondered why people like sights with the brightest fiber optics. To me it would be a hinderance to have a pin with fiber optics so bright that a "halo" appears. It may be a bit more useful in very low light conditions, but a hinderance in regular light. JMHO.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like my Cobra Sidewinder, but it has the coiled fiber.
The only drawback I see to the coil is the P.I.T.A. factor (Pain-In-The-...) when it comes to changing pins.

They are bright, but not TOO bright. Without a light, I had it at the range last year at dusk, and not only coudl I see the pin for a s long as I could see the target well enough to shoot, but it never drowned out the target.

There may be better, but mySidewinderis serving me well.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have an Impact Cosmic single pin and a Cobra Sidewinder radiant. The Cosmic is the brightest fiber optic I have ever seen. If you hunt thick cover or out of a popup blind its a great sight.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Impact Archery Cosmic ! I'll second that Terry ,the brightest that I've used for hunting.I have to add that HHA 5500 is also a good one .

nubo
Old 03-29-2006, 09:15 PM

I shoot impact cosmic also. If there's any moon out at night, the thing still lights up.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

I've always wondered why people like sights with the brightest fiber optics. To me it would be a hinderance to have a pin with fiber optics so bright that a "halo" appears. It may be a bit more useful in very low light conditions, but a hinderance in regular light. JMHO.
Bob I agree besides, I've already been able to see just a standard fiber pin when it's too dark to see the animal.....what's the point of seeing the pin if you can't see the animal?

Old 03-30-2006, 09:22 AM

all you have to do with the impact sight is go buy a black hair scrunchy , and wrap it around the clear part. Or buy some cheap velcro and and glue a small piece above and below the sight and when you need to dull it down, just put it on. The scrunchy works better though.

Quick Reply: brightest single pins?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.