Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 More BowTech Old Glory Chrono results! >

More BowTech Old Glory Chrono results!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

More BowTech Old Glory Chrono results!

Old 03-27-2006, 12:10 PM

Default More BowTech Old Glory Chrono results!

The sun came back out, so I finally got around to shooting my new Gold Tip Ultra Light Pro 300 arrows through the chrono over the weekend. With the 2006 Old Glory set at 69 pounds, with speed cams, I was getting 296 fps out of a 405 grain arrow. That is with a heavy hooded super ball peep, two cat whiskers, and D-loop.

By the way, the cat whiskers are making me flip out!!!Looking for a replacement.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: More BowTech Old Glory Chrono results!

That is a pretty impressive number. What is the deal with the catwhiskers? Did the leeches give out on you already or did you just add extra string silencers?
Old 03-27-2006, 12:41 PM

The factory leeches flew off between 700-800 shots. I then had the shop tie a big old knot of cat whisker around my string. It worked fine, but looked horrible. I then read a post here on how to make them a perfect circle and fan out in 360 degrees. I have attempted to do this on several occations. I can get it to look great, but after 10-20 shots the tied/served on cat whisker keeps dropping down to my peep. I tried lubing the serving to get it to tie down very tight, which it does. However,the cat whiskers will not stay in position. As Gibblet would say...I flip out, do a couple back flips, push the cat whisker back up and then return to shooting. Does this sound like something I would put up with?HELP!

Old 03-27-2006, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

The easiest way to fix that is to buy an STS put it on, and then cut off all silencers and pick up some speed.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, what RJ said
Old 03-27-2006, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

As long as ya don't mind the STS "slap", you're good to go.[8D]
Old 03-28-2006, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

And you must have some looooong arms to ge getting 296 @ 69lbs and 405 grains.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

If the whiskers are slipping on you then they are not tied in tight enough.

I have never had a problem with whiskers slipping

On most Bowtechs when I put the whiskers on I cut them so they are about the size of a 1/2 dollar which is all that is needed

But if you are not happy with them try some string bats my buddy has them on his bow and when we done the speed test he did not lose any speed from no silencers to string bats.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:15 AM

ORIGINAL: JOE PA

As long as ya don't mind the STS "slap", you're good to go.[8D]
I never noticed any slap on mine. I'm thinking my arrow hits the target at the same time my string hits the sts....
Old 03-28-2006, 02:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

If the whiskers are slipping on you then they are not tied in tight enough.
Trust me they are tight as they can get. I was using tools to pull over hand knot so tight I was breaking the serving material. If anything is to blame it would be all that dang Loctite silicone spray soaked into my 452X string. Your fault Arthur...Guilty as charged!!!Actually that spray is and has been working great.

Ausie I did take your advice and ordered something very similiar through Cabelas. I went with the Sims product line. Should be here in 4-5 days.

Now I have to bareshaft tune for 3 more days to make sure they don't throw off my tune....just kidding!

Quick Reply: More BowTech Old Glory Chrono results!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.