Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

fletching

Old 03-19-2006, 03:57 PM

Default fletching

I'm trying to decide whether to get the 2" Blazer vanes or the Quick Spins. Any suggestions.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:24 PM

Default RE: fletching

What are you wanting to do with them; NFAA, indoor spot, 3-D, hunting (expandible or fixed blade), type of shaft and length? Indoor tournament arrows need very littlestabilization while a hunting arrow shooting a large fixed blade head will need more.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:02 PM

I'll be using them for hunting. I'm just starting to get serious about archery, I bought a Switchback recently and I need to upgrade my old equipment. I'm a lefty, and my bow is set at 65lbs., draw length is 28.5, zero effect rest. My old arrows are gold tip hunter 5575 cut at 26.75, with Muzzy 100gr. Any suggestions on a new arrow set up would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:40 PM

If just for hunting, go for the blazers. But I agree totally, the longer the vane or feather, the better drag and stability through flight the arrow will have, guiding that broadhead. I only use the 1.5 and 2.5 " vanes for competition and shootouts, where all my hunting setups deal with 4" vanes and feathers. Now, you can use the blazers in the smaller size, but personally, longer is better when choosing hunting vanes and feathers.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:22 AM

For stabilizing that fixed blade Muzzy head I'd recommend a 4" fletching. Either type will work but I just changed to the QuickSpins and noticed that they really do impart more rotational stability than a standard fletching.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:31 PM

They aren't all that expensive. I've always found that the BEST way to determine which is BEST is to try them both and draw your own conclusions.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Fork Horn

Quick spins tend to ripple and they have alot of drag on them and slow your arrow way down on longer shots. When I tried them I had to move my 30 and 40 yard pins. Not impressed with the quick spins at all.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Although I prefer 4" feathers, right now I am experimenting with Blazers(again), Vanetec 4" vanes, and am waiting on some 4" Flex fletch low profile vanes. So far the Blazers give me a tad more speed, but at longer ranges I get better stabilization with the feathers and the Vanetecs.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:12 PM

ORIGINAL: BF1947

They aren't all that expensive. I've always found that the BEST way to determine which is BEST is to try them both and draw your own conclusions.
Hopefully you are not saying quickspins are inexpensive, because for 35 quickspin vanes, its a fat $20. And ya, I tried them out, and will personally say I don't endorse the product. One hit from another arrow and that vane is swiss cheese.. There are many more vane and fletching manufacturers out there that give you better results with a better price tag as well.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:22 PM

For hunting, gotta go with the Blazers. The Quik Spins would be better for 3-D, but wrinkle easy and may not last as long for hunting!!

Quick Reply: fletching

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.