Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 IBO Indoor Worlds, post your results >

IBO Indoor Worlds, post your results

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

IBO Indoor Worlds, post your results

Old 03-18-2006, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default IBO Indoor Worlds, post your results

Cleveland was a blast again this year :

What class did you shoot and how'd you do?

I shot HC and ended up with a 408 18X. Not quite was I was shooting for but a good day none the less.

My buddy came out of no where to shoot a 417 23X today. He has only shot up twice in his life and both were shot on local courses! He picked a good day to have his career shoot I'd say
Old 03-18-2006, 09:12 PM

Default RE: IBO Indoor Worlds, post your results

Awesome buckeye, sounds like you had a good time. I have always wondered though what shotting up means. I've seen this term used a lot but still can't put my finger on what exactly it means.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wish I could have made it out to shoot.......408 w 18X's is quite respectable.

I saw that Mike Ringer shot a 430 w 34X's in HC. More power to him I guess but I think he's been shooting HC forquite a few years.
I sawanother guy post on Atalk that he shot a 420 in HC and I know he finished about 13th or 14th at Worlds last year just out of the finals so that might give you an idea of your progress?

If you shoot points up in the Triple Crowns or worlds you should be top 10-15. I have heard from experienced shooters that Indoor Worldsis easier overall and that you can probably knock 15-20pts off the shooter's scores to figure an approx Triple Crown outdoor event score for that person.

I know that's generalizing but it might give you an idea where things might shape up for a Triple crown event.

Good shooting though! do you know where you guys placed?
Old 03-19-2006, 04:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Matt

Yes, I heard about Ringers score. A few other guys are way up there too. I don't quite agree withthe cherry picking every year but the IBO must not mind or they would put a stop to it all.... I respect you for your move to MBR no reason to stick around with all the HC pansys

I am most likely going to shoot AHC for the triple crown, not sure what I will do for the IBO North Coast Challange. Anyone else shooting the North Coast Challange?

Results won't be posted until Monday most likely as they are still shooting today.

I started out real slow with 3 8's and only one X in my first ten targets. That really hurt me and I was then playing catch up the rest of the shoot.The last 30 targets I shot 17X, 11 10's and 2 8's.

I dropped all my points on bigger targets too.

In all honesty there is no reason I should have hit an 8 all day long there, I am rather disappointed, but it is what it is and I am complacent with my results. A pumpkin such as your self would have cleaned the course [8D]

MO

There are 40 targets. Shooting up refers to how many points you end up shooting over 400. Shooting even would mean you averaged a 10 on each target.

For example yesterday I shot a 408 18X.

Here is the break down.

18X
17 10's
5 8's
equals 8 points over 400. In other words 8 points up.

Hope that makes sense..... probably not
Old 03-19-2006, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good shooting there buckeye. I am sure I will get to meet you at some of the larger shoots this year. Your definately going to be at McKean right?

~Matt
Old 03-19-2006, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

I respect you for your move to MBR no reason to stick around with all the HC pansys
Thanks alot buckeyebuckhntr. Joking of course! More than likely I will be in that class at Bedford.......getting ready to send my IBO dues in now. Or heck, I see 50 or over can be in the seniors class.That just ain't right......I don't qualify for senior discounts yet at the eateries.

By the way........good shooting!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2006, 09:55 AM

Makes perfect sense Buckeye. Thanks alot.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey HC is no cake walk, especially at the Triples and Worlds! My best advice would be to be absolutely 100% shoot Hunter Classthis year not AHC. Get some success under your belt and then think about another level.

You will be competitive in HC at the big shoots and being pretty new to them, it's realistically where you belong at this point.

Don't feel like a Pansy in HC, not for a second. Not everyone can hit a 10 ring on a turkey or Javelina with pins at 34 yards. Make sure you drill everything in that 25 yard range and survive the stuff 33 and over and you'll do great.

Get a few top 10's under your belt, get some confidence and work up to a having a good showing at Worlds. You don't want to go down there and get smoked your first time.

Me? I'm just sweating bullets over the thought of even FINDING the rings on small targets at any distance.
I really need to study up because I know what's coming.[:-]

I got the Old Glory shooting 307fps now so hopefully that will help.

Make sure you guys come by at the Erie leg and hang out.........

Old 03-19-2006, 02:07 PM

Matt, I thought you had a Constitution? You think the Old Glory suits you better? I'm lovin' mine

[/align]
Old 03-19-2006, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your definately going to be at McKean right?
You can bet your sweet constitution I will be

I will be there april 28th or 29th for the North Coast Challange and then again for the second leg of the Triple Crown. I look forward to meeting up with you there. Best of luck!

Thanks alot buckeyebuckhntr. Joking of course! More than likely I will be in that class at Bedford.......getting ready to send my IBO dues in now. Or heck, I see 50 or over can be in the seniors class.That just ain't right......I don't qualify for senior discounts yet at the eateries.
Hey, I may get to meet the infamous Coug! Man wait untill I get to rub it in to these other fellas around here that I got to meet THE MAN!! Jealous I tell you they will be jealous

Matt

Thanks for the advice, I will see how the North Coast Challange goes before I pick what class to shoot for the Triple Crown. I am confident I can compete in AHC though so I am not sure what to do.

Time will tell I guess [8D]

I look forward to talking whitetails and archery if I have the pleasure of meeting up with you guys.

Quick Reply: IBO Indoor Worlds, post your results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.