Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow Question

Old 03-06-2006, 08:09 PM

Default Arrow Question

I have only shot my arrows a few times since they were new. I shot at an outdoor range a while ago and yesterday when I was at the archery shop my arrows were sticking in the block, and they were nearly impossible to pull out. When they came out there was lots of debris stuck to the arrows. Anyway to fix this? Thanks
Old 03-06-2006, 09:42 PM

Default RE: Arrow Question

You could try rubbing a bar of soap on them. That sometimes helps.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

thats what i did put some soap on it or string wax not alot thought just a thin layer
Old 03-07-2006, 07:43 AM

problem is the arrow enter the targets fast enough to generate heat which is enough to melt the target material and bond the arrow to it. so when ya tray to pull it comes out hard. Soap works or any other kind of arrow lube.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen that with soem cheap crappy backstops where the arrow melts the stuff and bonds with it.

Does that happen with other portable targets too? Like the Black hole, adn any brands of 3d's?
Old 03-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would think that is a minor problem ,at least your hitting the target ,now on the other hand if you miss you won't need to worry about this problem.LMAO
Rub some string wax on it .

nubo
Old 03-09-2006, 06:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Or, you could buy one of those rubber arrow puller things. I had to buy one since I went carbon (Beman ICS Hunter 340's) and shoot my new wicked fast Reflex Highlander into a Block 4X4.

When I used to shoot my old PSE dual cam and Easton XX75's I never had a problem.
1) The old PSE was heavy and slow (probably 220 fps on a good day).
2) The aluminum XX75's did not bond to the first layer of rubber on the Block 4X4.

I don't know what I shoot with my new Reflex at 67#, 29" draw, and a (rough estimate) 453 grain carbon arrow. But the bow is rated at IBO 305fps! All I know is that when I took that very first shot with the bow, it was so fast it startled me. Pulling the carbon arrow out of the Block 4X4 was an interesting challenge. [:-] I had no arrow puller or anything. I grabbed rags and towels and flipped the Block 4x4 up on its side and yanked for all it's worth. I got the arrow out but crumpled the fletchings a bit. A smoothed them back out with a hair dryer and designated that arrow as my #1 practice arrow.

Long story short... You can shoot carbon arrows into any target, but with the hard rubber types of targets, you should use an arrow puller or like others said, wipe the arrows with soap or something real light, maybe that cooking spray stuff called "Pam".

Old 03-09-2006, 11:33 AM

You can actually purchase arrow lube from archery stores online!!
Old 03-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

You can also get easy pull points

They are slightly larger diameter than the arrow shaft
Old 03-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Spike

that happened to me with my block target and i just kept on shooting, i had little white chunk of the target on my arrow then it just went away so it could just be the target

Quick Reply: Arrow Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.