Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Limb?

Old 02-28-2006, 11:16 AM

Default Bowtech Limb?

I jused ordered a Tribute last friday and currently own a Mighty Mite VFT. I never had one single problem with my Mighty Mite. Now I read on several different forums that Bowtech limbs are exploding. Is anyone else worried about this? It really sucks that I am going to pay $700 and have to worry whethermy limbs will hold up. Or is this like so many other things you read "a bunch of BS" I have seen limbs crack before on several different bow models over the years because I used to work in a Pro Shop but I never personally had any problems. I guess they are saying that the guy who left Bowtech is also saying that limbs are breaking? I'm sure alot of bowtech guys on here are sick of hearing about these sort of things but I was just wondering. The dealer in my area has had zero problems with the ones he has sold over the past 4 years. Thanks for listening and sorry to repeat whats already been discussed im sure.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech Limb?

The dealer in my area has had zero problems with the ones he has sold over the past 4 years.
That there answers your question.

I take what is on other forums with a grain of salt.

Yes all bow companies will have a problem here and there but it is how they look after the problem that concerns me.

I have yet to hear that Bowtech has NOT taken care of a problem.

Old 02-28-2006, 01:32 PM

I had a limb split and Bowtechtook care of it.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't care what anyone has to say about split limb's from BowTech ,I'm sure all companies have their problem's.When you deal with a company as successful as BowTech your gonna get taken care of .BowTech has the best customer relation's in the biz,I know this first hand .Whether the rumor is true or not I wouldn't have to think twice about buying a bow from BowTech ,so take my word for it BowTech split limb's true or not ,your still gonna get the best bow with the best customer relation's, and that's a combo that can't be beat by any bow company in the business.

nubo

Old 03-02-2006, 04:49 PM

There have beenalot of BS threads re: BowTech limbs. There was a real shakeup on one site. The threads have declined greatly. The great majority were unfounded.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:57 PM

lots of folks on this site have had cracked bowtech limbs, i know i have. some of the threads may have been unfounded, but it has sure happened to what seems like a lot of folks.they've taken care of me and everyone i've heard of thathad it happen. didn't stop me from buying 2 more bowtechs.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

If Bowtech is having problems the so will 90% of the limbs out there on other manufacturers bows. Gordon Glass makes nearly all bow limbs.

Alpine
Barnett
Black Widdow
Bow Tech
Oneida
Darton
Diamond
Escalade (Bear, Jennings)
Forge
Horton
Hoyt
Kodiak
Martin
Mathews
McPherson
Parker
PSE
Renegade
Whisper creek

And many more.

Bowtech is a hot bow company right now so they get a lot of talk time, good or bad. Personally I have seen more Mathews limbs crack than any other bow made but There are a ton of Mathews bows out there.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:10 PM

Gordon Glass does not make Hoyt limbs!
Old 03-03-2006, 04:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've kept my eye out but have yet to see any Tribute limb issue threads.

I'm not saying they haven't had any, I just haven't stumbled across a single one. They may be onto something with the beyond parallel design that allows the limbs to hold up much better than previous VFT models.

I predict the 07 Allegiance will go beyound parallel.

Don't sweat your new bow, your getting the oneI want!
Old 03-03-2006, 07:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

According to Gordon they do make limbs for Hoyt.

http://www.gordoncomposites.com/who.htm

Quick Reply: Bowtech Limb?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.