Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech Arrow Rests, what fits? >

Bowtech Arrow Rests, what fits?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Arrow Rests, what fits?

Old 02-27-2006, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowtech Arrow Rests, what fits?

I am thinking of pulling off the Trophy Taker I have on my Old Glory targetbow in favor of a fixed rest. Seems that most don't recommend drop aways with back tension. However, I'm kind of at a loss as to what rests fit the 05's.

Give me some suggestions fellas.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Arrow Rests, what fits?

I have a muzzy rest on my 05 old glory , works great
Old 02-27-2006, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

I don't quite follow why not recommending a dropaway using backtension?

How about a rest that can be used as a dropaway OR a fixed rest? The GKF TKO or the rest I am using(parts kit needed for fixed).........Schaffer E2 rest can be used either way. That way you can change if you decide to go the other way.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cougermag,

The explanation I got from the guys coaching me is that because you're pulling harder into the wall with back tension, the drop rate of a dropaway isn't going to be consistant. I dunno, makes sense when I think about it. I think its more evident when you're learning back tension and have the release set heavy and are really having to work to get the shot off. Thats where I'm at right now.

The rests I'm really interesting in know if it fits is the NAP QT 3000 or the Golden Key 3D rovers.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

I suppose using that logic it could make sense, but not all dropaways are critical. I'll be honest, a good dropaway design shouldn't be that critical of drop rate. I did find my QAD was critical, but my Schaffer isn't nearly as critical and I really think spring tension plays a big part.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:12 AM

i'd advise the nap. if you want to pm me i'll let you know what i've recently gone thru with gkf, and what i've heard from another of my suppliers.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Post you e-maill add and Ill send you a small video of a dropaway used with a backtention release , or someone tell me a sight to host , and ill post a link on this thread , dont think photobucket allows video , its a small file .
Old 02-27-2006, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure about the 05 models but I am using the NAP quicktune 3000 micro on my 04 Patriot and it works great.
Lots of adjustability for centershot.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

The NAP 3000 will fit my buddy has one on his 05 OG I have the GFK Infiniti on my Con. they are just about identical rests.

I would advise going to the NAP if you get in touch with Gibby he will let you know whyor you can pm me your number and I will call you later tonight and let you know.

As for the drop away I dont see why you can't use one specially seeing the BT's have the draw stop peg giving a rock solid back wall, even if you have the release set hard you are not going to move the stop peg by pulling against it. I can see with other bows that dont have s top peg giving you a bit of inconsistancy.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ausie, one thing about the Binary's. Regardless if you hit the draw stop, you can still move that bottom cam a little. This is one of the big debates with drop aways tied into the buss cable I've read about. My understanding is you lose let off doing this. You need to add twist back to the bus cable on the top cam to restore your let off. However, care must be taken to avoid going over 80% and risking a lock up.

Just a thought

Quick Reply: Bowtech Arrow Rests, what fits?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.