Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New Bow?

Old 02-21-2006, 04:46 AM

Default New Bow?

I have narrowed my decision down to the Mathews Switchback XT or the Bowtech Tribute. Im leaning towards the Tribute because I really like Bowtechs and of course the fact that the Tribute is faster. My question to those of you that have these two bows is how are the factory strings holding up? I really like the Winners Choice strings but hate to pay so much for a new bow and replace the string and cable right away. Has anyone had any problems with the strings stretching? Thanks..
Old 02-21-2006, 08:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New Bow?

The OEM strings on the Bowtechs are top notch, I have not had any trouble with mine as far as creep or stretch goes.

If you want new string and cables get in touch with gibblet his strings are just as good if not better than WC and a lot cheaper
Old 02-21-2006, 10:46 AM

I have an 04 Bowtech MM VFT and I had pretty good luck with the factory string and cable but not as good as Winners Choice. I was just hoping that the 06 strings and cables may be even better so I wouldn't have to replace to soon.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:31 AM

One thing for sure is that you won't have any problems with the servings on the Bianry cam system with it's smooth and gradual curves to the string tracks