Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Need advice on pendulum sight >

Need advice on pendulum sight

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need advice on pendulum sight

Old 02-19-2006, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need advice on pendulum sight

Any of yall that use a pendulum sight. I would like a bit of input on good and bad ones on the market. I have looked at the Vital Bow gear and the Cobra Extreme sight. I kind of like the VBG sight5 better but I have never had either one out of the pacage yet. I want a small pin dia. also. Any sugestions appreciated. Thank You
Old 02-19-2006, 11:48 AM

Default RE: Need advice on pendulum sight

I have a Cobra, and it has served me well. I have only had one problem with it. There is a small plastic piece that holds the pivot for the axel. It cracked on mine. Cobra replaced it free of charge, even paid shipping. They told me they have changed the plasic formula that they were using. Using a differentplastic now.. Anyway I put the new one on and no more problems.That was over a season and a half ago.I dont have experience with any other penedulums so I cant say on any others.
I sighted it in from 20 yards on the ground, and it was close from the stand. Did some final tweaking from the stand and it right on. With my Patriot Dually it is dead on from about 5 to just over 30 yards. It helps me not have to worry about distance, just concentrate on my form and shot. I have not missed a deer since I started using it.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Spike

i had one of the old cobra's and a keller. both workrd great. could shoot pine cones all day out to just over 30 yds. never did really like them though. went back to pins. just recomend getting one you can lock in to shoot from ground level if you have to. the guys i know that still shoot the newer keller wouldn't shoot any thing else. mr keller with help if you have a problem just give him a call.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

I use a Savage pendulim, very quiet sight
Old 02-19-2006, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Savage. Dead quiet.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks fellas, Ill check out the savage. Is that the model or brand?
Old 02-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

i shoot a keller pendulum sight and it works like a charm i slay deer every year it has a main sight for up to 30yards and another sight for up to 40 so i have to say in my opinion go with the keller
Old 02-21-2006, 02:14 PM

I don't know about what others say, but I use a Trophy Ridge Mantis Guide Series pendulum sight. Sighted in for 20 yds on the ground and is perfect out to 30yds in the tree.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Savage is the brand, there are a couple slightly different models. Kellers are good, but were much noisier compared to the savage.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:17 PM

Bend at the waist and forget the pendulum sight...the less moving parts the better (and quieter)!

Quick Reply: Need advice on pendulum sight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.