Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Which Fleching Jig is the best >

Which Fleching Jig is the best

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which Fleching Jig is the best

Old 02-18-2006, 04:42 PM

Default Which Fleching Jig is the best

Well I need to know which fletching jig to buy, I have the Arizona EZ Fletcher, and the Cabelas Fletcher. And neither of them do a great job, and they always seem to be off center. I usually use Bohning Blazers and X vanes. I usually use a straight vain but what do you guys think about the helix. Thanks
Old 02-18-2006, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which Fleching Jig is the best

Bitzeneberger.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:15 PM

Second that. . .Bitzenberger all the way

You can get the jig with one clamp, either straight (which can do offset), right helical, or left helical.

They also sell all of the clamps seperately. So you can get a straight clamp with the jig then buy the helical if you want to try some vanes set up that way.

Sounds like you dumped atoo muchmoney on jigs already, so you need to just break down and buy the Bitz, you won't have those troubles any longer.

Good luck

Bols

Old 02-18-2006, 06:51 PM

i use a plastic version of the bitz called a grayling. i wouldn't say its the best - put i've had it a few years and it still works great, and is much cheaper.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll post another vote for the Bitz , sure it's a little more money ,but it's worth it .

nubo
Old 02-18-2006, 08:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Another vote for the Bitz...love mine...I use a straight clamp with an offset....has never let me down. One at a time but I enjoy the time.....
Old 02-18-2006, 08:50 PM

thanks guys for the help, im selling my cabelas jig for 40 bucks to a guy I shoot with so im going to pick up the bitz, this week. Thanks again guys would you suggest buying some addition clamps with it.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Looks like the guys have already taken care of ya; yep, Bitz is the only way to go.

Like Rob, I use a straight clamp and fletch offset, but I'm going to be buying a helical clamp soon -- especially now that my hunting rig -- an '06 BowTech Allegiance -- is rigged with a dropaway.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Bohning jig! [8D]
Old 02-19-2006, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you buy the Bitz with the right helical clamp.you can pick up straight clamp's off of ebay or AT cheap ,so don't buy the extra clamp with your bitz when you order your jig.You also may want to check out these site's first for bitz jig's before you buy them new.You may even get one for the same price you sold your old jig for .

nubo

Quick Reply: Which Fleching Jig is the best

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.