Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

light up nocks

Old 02-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Spike

Default light up nocks

i was wondering if the light up nocks you see on t.v. were really worth it, and if i should invest in buying a few.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: light up nocks

nelson06, they are called Lumenocks, and Cabela's have them. They are pricy. $9.99 each or a 3 pack for $27.99. They are on page 37 of the 2005 Archery catalog. I have never really been tempted to try them. I use orange nocks and orange and white vanes with white/orange fade arrow wraps and have never had a problem seeing them. I guess they have their benefits but is a personal preferance thing. Like I said, nothing I have ever really wanted to try.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:14 PM

to much money for a nock if you ask me
Old 02-17-2006, 05:16 PM

Check these out. www.archersflame.com. They are much better than lumenoks, IMO, and are a lot brighter. They aren't as easy to install, but they sure aren't hard either. Just one more very small step involved. I've shot both, and I don't shoot lumenoks anymore. Junk, IMHO. They break, don't light up, fall out, and just aren't very durable.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, my experience with the Lumenoks has been vastly different than mobowhunter's. I've tried all 3 commercially made lighted nocks and the Lumenoks have been the simplest, lightest, and most durable of the 3. I just picked up 6 of them off Ebay for less than $40 shipped to my house. There is another alternative, make them yourself.

Are they worth it? I've been shooting them for 3 years and will never have a hunting arrow without them again. Why do we spend $$$$$$$$$$ on our bows and other equipment and whine about spending $7 on a nock that will help you see shot placement?

Old 02-17-2006, 08:16 PM

If you havn't tried them(any lighted knock) you should try them they are awsome. The only thing is if you miss the first shot you have an orange light sticking out of the ground and that deer or other deer that come through could see it. Knock on wood I have not missed one whith them yet.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Regular nocks, reflective tape and a good flashlight. Get all for less than the price of 3 lumenocks. Wrap the tape between the fletches and the nock. They'll shine as soon as your flashlight beam hits them.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tryed luminocks , and did not like them , very poor tolerance's , lose nock fit lead to poor arrow flight . If I were to try another It would be another brand , but I dont forsee that as they are kind of heavy .
Old 02-23-2006, 01:00 PM
Spike

thanks for the your opinions...i dont think i will be investing in the light up nocks.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:13 PM

I tried the luminocks. I bought the three pack. One of them will not light up at all, one snapped off on the 4th shot (the base is still inside my arrow), and one works great 90% of the time, but won't light up sometimes.
To me $30 isn't worth it. I'm going to try to take them back this weekend, but who knows if they'll take them.

Quick Reply: light up nocks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.