Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 carolina archery sights >

carolina archery sights

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

carolina archery sights

Old 02-13-2006, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default carolina archery sights

i am looking at a carolina archery foxfire triple pin sight and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this sight and if there were any complaints or recomendations of other sights in the $40-60 range

Lefty
Old 02-14-2006, 12:20 AM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: carolina archery sights

I have used them and I likedit very much. If you do a search on foxfire you will most likely find my post about it. The bigger thumb wheels will loosen up unless you tighten them with some sort of small rod (allen wrench) but the individual pins stay put by just finger tightening them. I did switch to a Tru-Glo sight however andfor two reasons: 1, I like the Tritium pin the Tru-Glow sights have and 2. The Foxfire seemed to be a little fragile, now it never broke mind you I just didn't trust it "in the field". It's very verylight and small and maybe that's why I didn't trust it. I like light sights but want them to be beefy in the critical areas, (arm to sight window area) The Tru-Glo sights on the other hand are like tanks (all metal design ones) yet are still fairly light and can be had for about the same amount of money.

The Foxfire sightedin great and shot very well for me. I have since set it up on my third bow, my backup's backup if you will. Maybe one day I will put it on one of my hunting bows and give it a try in the field.....maybe.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the 3 pin and single pin models. They work well, and have proven to be durable and trouble free. They are compact and fit nicely on todays smaller bows.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

Very durable and well built sight. Local pro shop had some guys shooting it and seemed like a very tex sight.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:43 PM

I had one.. I liked the site picture it gave but I had a hard time getting it to stop vibrating... I mean, I heard the thing with every shot off my Darton bow.. On some other bows I didn't hear a darn thing but on that Avalanche every shot I heard it. Eventually put a minilimbsaver on it and that helped a lot and I thought about putting some mole sking between its mount and the riser but instead I just took it off and put it in the archery tub along with some other things I don't use anymore..

I have shot them on other bows at the shop and even on another Darton without any problems.. Might have just been a defective one or something but I wasn't a big fan of it on my bow.. Much prefer the HHA 5519 (Of course, that one cost a bit more than the 35 bucks on the single pin foxfire)