Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Quick Spin issue >

Quick Spin issue

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Quick Spin issue

Old 02-11-2006, 12:02 PM
bigcountry

Default Quick Spin issue

I fletched up some arrows with quickspins. They seem to shoot my broadhead well. But I am getting wrinkling or marks on the fletches that I don't get with 4" easton vanes. Almost like there is contact with my riser. I am using a arizona easy fletch with carbon right helical.

Do you think the arrow is kicking some when I release but planes out quickly to get ok groups? It does look like the quickspins are a tad larger than the easton vanes.

Old 02-11-2006, 12:10 PM

Default RE: Quick Spin issue

what kind of rest?
Old 02-11-2006, 02:33 PM

They're hittin something. Coat them in lipstick or baby powder and see where the contact is.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:22 PM
bigcountry

Its a Muzzy zero effect. Has me stumped. I might try some foot powder tomorrow. They group good. But I believe they are kicking one way or another

Old 02-11-2006, 06:30 PM

I would bet the rest isn't falling away fast enough and the fletch is contacting it. Keep us posted when you try that tomorrow.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

But I am getting wrinkling or marks on the fletches that I don't get with 4" easton vanes.
That's just cause they are quick spins.

I tried them in the past and would see wrinkle marks just from the arrows impacting with a 3D target. I was shooting a drop away rest and there was no contact at all.

In my findings the QS vanes are one of the least durable vnes on the market.

If the vanes are making contact with the rest you should have seen the same marks on any other vane you used.

Edit........this was with the standard 4" quick spin vanes.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:23 PM

my 2" quickspins didn't do that. (had to try a 12 pack to see what the hoopla was about - i didn't figure it out)
Old 02-14-2006, 02:03 PM
Spike

im having the same problem and mobow was right...it is making contact with my rest...now im looking at buying the easton axis arrows with quick spin...havent heard a bad thing about them yet
Old 02-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

Yea id get a drop away and some smaller fletchings
Old 03-06-2006, 06:16 PM

i have the same set up as you. quickspins and a muzzy zero effect. did you put the rest on yourself or have a pro shop do it. That was my first mistake. the pro shop put it on wrong because they tightened the bolt to tight so it would not fall fast enough and they did not set it for center shot. i reccomend unscrewing the arm that connects to your cable slide and unloosening the bolt so that you can just nick it with your fingers and it will move freely. then set the arrow rest for center shot. After i did all this i still had contact. then i set my nock point above 3/16 about 4.5/16.
after all of this it finally worked and i had contact free shooting. if you want to fix your curved fletchings just boil some water and dip the fletching and all into the water. it straightens out all of the curves and doesn't effect the fletching at all.

Quick Reply: Quick Spin issue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.