Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Biscut

Old 02-08-2006, 09:21 PM

Default Whisker Biscut

I just got into bowhuntingthis past fall. i already have shot one. a little one though. you have to start somewhere. i started out using my dads bow then i went out and bought my own. i bought a Hoyt Powertec. i have been talking to people about the whisker biscut and the only complaint is that it wears on fletching. does anyone have any advice? Do you like them?
Old 02-08-2006, 10:34 PM

Default RE: Whisker Biscut

Congrats on the new bow. I love the W.B. . Its nice when you get it on and lined up right. I couldnt be happier with it.
To help out with the fletching , a dot of super glue on the tips of each vane has helped out tremendously .
Good luck.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:14 AM

Another tip - make sure the bristles aren't tight to the arrow shaft. If they are, the biscuit can be removed and expanded by hand.

It's probably the most popular hunting rest going. There are very good reasons for this. Give it a try.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great rest!
Old 02-09-2006, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the large hole biscuit even for carbons and it works awesome.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:53 PM
Site Bouncer

Another tip - make sure the bristles aren't tight to the arrow shaft. If they are, the biscuit can be removed and expanded by hand.
I use the large hole biscuit even for carbons and it works awesome.
These two posts are very important when setting up a Whisker Biscuit. Most people (including myself at one point) use the wrong size opening for the arrow they are using. Unless you are shooting a slim arrow you should use the "large" opening Biscuit. Most people assume because they shoot a carbon arrow they should use the medium opening, this is not true. 90% of the carbon arrows on the market today require the large opening.I used to use a medium opening and I would get some slight wrinkles in my vanes. I switched to better quality vanes and the problem was solved but I shouldn't have to do that. Well when Igotmy latest bowI setit up with a large opening biscuit and was able to shoot standard cheapo vanes throught it without even a hint ofdamage. Many hundreds of shots later (per arrow) and still no sign of vane wear.

This (I believe) is the most important aspect with the Whisker Biscuit and I also believe wheremost people make the mistake when buying one. Get the large opening, set it up correctly and you will enjoy a great hunting rest for years and years. You will never have to fiddle with it again.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:23 PM

i have used the biscuit for a few years and love it. i have never had a problem
Old 02-09-2006, 08:10 PM

[/align]
Thanks for the help. I hoping to go and buy one in the near future. Thanks for the advice.

Old 02-10-2006, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I liked it but prefer the prong style rest. i just switched to a Golden Key Arrow Trap. It also holds the arrow preventing it from falling off. It has the benifit of having fletch clearance.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

One thing to remember is that when you buy a WB make sure you can see some light through the top part of the hole. Of not you arent helping yourself in any way. If you use carbon arrows make sure you get a WB with a bigger hole mainly designed for aluminum arrows. As for the flethchings, I shoot feathers and you can notice some wear and tare on the feathers but it takes quite a bit of shooting. I recomend not using your hunting arrows to just shoot with, get a half dozen arrows for practicing.

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscut

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.