Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 String loops . . . Yea OR Nea? >

String loops . . . Yea OR Nea?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

String loops . . . Yea OR Nea?

Old 02-04-2006, 09:25 AM

Default String loops . . . Yea OR Nea?

I've used a string loop for years but have always wondered wht others think about their pro's and con's?
Old 02-04-2006, 11:19 AM

Default RE: String loops . . . Yea OR Nea?

Yes. You dont torque the string with a loop. Your serving does not wear out as fast. And you are drawing from a point directly behind the arrow. My shooting dramaticaly improved when I went to a loop and I have never looked back.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:49 AM

i shot with one and my dad doesn't my dads groups with a ben pearson predator bow at 20yrds are touching, my at 20yrd about range from 2 to 6 in.(dependin on the day) shoting for desect groups my dads are usally more consistene, so really it could go either way. shot both and see which u preffer.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:20 PM
Fork Horn

Iswitched to a string loop last year. I was always afraid that at the moment of truth I'd have trouble getting my release on it. NO PROBLEM!
Old 02-04-2006, 05:07 PM

Hey all, just got one installed and they took my nock pieceoff, is this normal? Will the loop slide at all? How longwill they last, I would hate to have it come loose or bread in mid-draw.I just getting back into bowhunting after 17 years and the technology has left me in the dark. Thanks for any help. Mike
Old 02-04-2006, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know.... I have never used a string loop. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but for some reason I don't trust them. Then again a lot of guys I know use one and have had great success. It's one of those things, where either you like them or you don't.

Old 02-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

I've never used one but am getting ready to, mainly because I don't want to switch modules and the 1/2" I will gain will make my draw just right on my new bow. One word of warning........any signs of wear at all, get it changed! I've seen a guy break his nose because of a faulty tied loop too. Seriously!
Old 02-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

A good idea for smaller axle to axle bows with long draw lengths....I personally don't shoot one on my VorTec 36" ATA....no effect on accuracy...
Old 02-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use a loop but started tying my own after a bloody mouth when the "pro" tied me one on. It does save string wear and I think makes shooting more consistant.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:46 PM

I've used one for years and have no reason to switch, but was just wondering what some of y'all thought. I still see "pros" on hunting shows without them. In fact if you notice Tom Miranda doesn't even use a rear peep.

Quick Reply: String loops . . . Yea OR Nea?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.