Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech Tribute Speed vs. smooth modules >

Bowtech Tribute Speed vs. smooth modules

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Tribute Speed vs. smooth modules

Old 01-25-2006, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowtech Tribute Speed vs. smooth modules

Just thought I would add a little input onto the speed module vs. smooth module. I have an 06 Tribute. I bought it with the speed mods. in place and shot it like that for awhile. The drawcycle was very aggressive with let off coming at the very end of the cylce (somewhat abrupt). it wasn't a bad thing, just took some time to adjust to it. Yesterday I went to the shop and had the smooth mod. installed for comparision and shot it awhile. My Tribute went from being a great shooter, to a really, really great shooter. The difference was astronomical as far as the smoothness of the draw cycle. I know there is like an 8 fps difference(smooth being slower) but man it makes this bow even sweeter to shoot. Word od advice is: If you are consideringthis bow, make sure you shoot it with both modules, as there is quite a bit of difference.

Shane
Old 01-25-2006, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Tribute Speed vs. smooth modules

Thanks for the heads up. I have a Tribute, I will see if my proshop has the smooth modules? If not I will put in an order.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

On the modules, is there an identification marking to indicate the smooth mod vs. the speed mod. Thanks ~Jeff
Old 01-25-2006, 09:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Zingnut

On the modules, is there an identification marking to indicate the smooth mod vs. the speed mod. Thanks ~Jeff
Yes the part numbers on the mods will have an “S” for smooth or a “F” for fast. Easier way to tell them apart is the color. The smooth mods are black matte finish and the fast mods are the stainless satin finish which matches the same finish that is on the cams.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:53 PM

I didn't care for the fast mod's on the Tribute I tested , but the smooth ones were very nice .......and that's the only way I would have that bow if I bought one !! That 8-10 fps would be gladly sacrificed for the smooth draw characterics of the S-mod's !!
Old 01-25-2006, 01:08 PM

You guys are making me wonder if having a longer draw length makes the fast cams feel smoother, because I’m not feeling much difference between the smooth and fast cams. Yes there is a difference, but not enough for me to give up 10 fps.

To paint a mental picture I’m thinking that with the shorter draw lengths you're like a hiker who has to climb 4000 ft of elevation within 1 mile and at a longer draw lengths it is like a hiker that has 2 miles to climb the same 4000 ft elevation. I could be way off on this one, but make since to me. Your power curves are more consolidated vs. mine may be spread out more. Just another thing that has to be considered for each persons specifications.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

You guys are making me wonder if having a longer draw length makes the fast cams feel smoother, because I’m not feeling much difference between the smooth and fast cams. Yes there is a difference, but not enough for me to give up 10 fps

I thought the same thing myself......on My Tribute @30" I can feel a difference but nothing that is going to scare me away! They are equally as smooth transition wise but just ramp up a little quicker and carry the weight farther across the topside of the curve. They feel the same at full draw.
Maybe it's because I shoot so much? I don't know but it's really nice having both mods.The draw cycle for the 2 is sort of like butter for the smooth mods...........and the fast ones are like butter that's been in the fridge for a little while.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

You guys are making me wonder if having a longer draw length makes the fast cams feel smoother, because I’m not feeling much difference between the smooth and fast cams. Yes there is a difference, but not enough for me to give up 10 fps

I thought the same thing myself......on My Tribute @30" I can feel a difference but nothing that is going to scare me away! They are equally as smooth transition wise but just ramp up a little quicker and carry the weight farther across the topside of the curve. They feel the same at full draw.
Maybe it's because I shoot so much? I don't know but it's really nice having both mods.The draw cycle for the 2 is sort of like butter for the smooth mods...........and the fast ones are like butter that's been in the fridge for a little while.
That is a good analogy.Both draw cycles are fine with the smooth being I think more consistant across the draw cycle vs. abrupt with the speed mods installed.

Shane
Old 01-26-2006, 11:55 AM

I can feel quite a difference with my 29 inch draw. I'd say that my Tribute feels about 4 pounds heavier with the speed mods on. It did make 10 fps difference in speed.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:12 PM

I'm with the Gimp on this one. My Tribute came with the smooth mods and I shot it for a month before the fast mods came in. Been shooting for a couple of days with the fast mods and starting to wonder if 8 fps is worth it. If you are shooting the fast mods and like the feel, then don't try the smooth ones because you will probably want to change.

Quick Reply: Bowtech Tribute Speed vs. smooth modules

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.