Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Peep rotates, hard to see >

Peep rotates, hard to see

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Peep rotates, hard to see

Old 01-16-2006, 10:10 PM

Default Peep rotates, hard to see

Hey Guys,
Going hunting tommorow and my peep was acting up. Most of the time my peep is clear and unrestricted. Today it rotated and seemed to put a string smack dab in the center of my peep. Why does this happen ??? , Anyone have any idea's?? My string does need a good waxin , its a little fluffy .
Its a old (1995) High Country , I shoot with my fingures . If that helps.

Old 01-16-2006, 10:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Peep rotates, hard to see

paka, unless you're using a top-of-the-line aftermarket string such as those made by Gibblet on here, you're probably going to experience string stretch and/or creep.

A quick fix (I know, because I'm ashamed to admit I did it for years) is to nock your arrow -- and provided your nock fits around your center serving snugly enough -- and then turn your peep to where it needs to be so that when you draw your bow the peep's where it needs to be.

I say "ashamed" because I now have quality strings on my bow -- and I'll never not have a good, quality pre-stretched string that doesn't continually creep or stretch on me.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:58 PM

Just a question, shouldn'tcreep be non-existent on fairly aused set of strings, unless of course he has recently replaced his strings.

But at what point do strings stop creeping? I mean, after a few hundred shots shouldn't you have pretty much eliminated most of the creep by that time?

Just a question. Sorry to divert any attention from the orginal question.

My advice would be to replace your strings if need be. If you haven't replace the strings in awhile, it might be advantageous to changethem.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bols, you would think so, wouldn't you? (That you would have eliminated creep after a few hundred shots...)

I had literally thousands of shots through my Zebra strings, and I couldn't get my peep to stay where I wanted it to save my life. I've read hundreds of complaints about those very strings on the web, and I definitely know why!
Old 01-16-2006, 11:12 PM

Yup , a string change is in order , for sure. Thanks guys.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here ya go, paka:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1308475&mpage=1&key=&#138184 8
Old 01-17-2006, 04:22 AM

I've never shot fingers with a peep, but it would seem to be very difficult to keep a peep from moving in an inconsistant manner when shooting with fingers. You may be better off learning to shoot without the peep.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:29 AM

Thanks for the reply Greg.

Good luck with your string/peep Paka
Old 01-19-2006, 01:53 AM

Well , went hunting for goats yesterday and guess what , everydraw , black haze down the middle of my peep [:@]Man I was so bummed , 3 shots brought to a hult . One miss and muzzy stuck into a solid rock , Il'll make a seperate post about that in a little bit.
So if anyone has any knowledge that could help Id appreciate more. I know I need to get a new bow string. I have a bow I picked up 2nd hand in 1997 . Its a cmoflage High Country and has served me grear up untill this peep problem . Its a cable type system with the drawback string looping around cable pieces <lead, iron , aluminum??> No series or name of my bow besides the rough Country logo is on it. The middle axle to mid axle measures 39 inches . The serial # is 0099712 , and Im having a really hard time contacting High Country H.Q..Anyways does anyone know this bow, or more importantly I need to find out how to get a string for it. I used to just hunt once and a while but now its serious.
Thanks again all
Old 01-19-2006, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cheap strings never stop creaping

Quick Reply: Peep rotates, hard to see

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.