Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 anchor on mid jaw bone, a extra mark on lip?? >

anchor on mid jaw bone, a extra mark on lip??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

anchor on mid jaw bone, a extra mark on lip??

Old 01-07-2006, 02:19 AM

Default anchor on mid jaw bone, a extra mark on lip??

Ive bein wandering lately []. My anchor point is about a inch below my lip , and was wondering if I could put something on my bow string (piece above nock , that little brass looking marker) that would come to rest on my corner of my mouth. I have topress into my skin to locate the crevice on my jaw bone and is somewhat hard to feel sometimes. Like when a fat oll pig is right in front of me, heart pounding.
Has anyone ever delt with this????? Thanks for all the help lately. Hope to post pics of our next hunt
Old 01-07-2006, 02:33 AM

Default RE: anchor on mid jaw bone, a extra mark on lip??

Did some searching again and looks like a kisser may work well . Any home made rigs??? We dont have a hunt shop here anymore so any ideas would be great.
Thank's all
Old 01-08-2006, 09:01 PM

I use a tied-on kisser. I just used some serving material and knotted it several times - one overhand knot just tight enough to hold, then one above that, one below, one above, and so on until it's about the size you want, then tie in a square knot (pull it tight with pliers). A tiny bit of superglue secures the whole thing together, but not enough to saturate it because you don't want it stuck to your string - you want to be able to twist it up and down your string to adjust it. Voila. Instant tied-on kisser "button". It's lighter than the typical buttons, easy to adjust, and a heck of lot easier to install. It's the same procedure as a tied-on nock. Do a search on that term on here and you'll probably find some pictures to help!

Old 01-09-2006, 12:57 AM

Thank you WindsorArcher!!!! IM gonna get started as soon as my nocturnal baby girl goes to sleep
Old 01-12-2006, 06:24 AM
Spike

I agree with Windsor. Install a kisser and should help get you to the same point each time. Good luck

bburen
Old 01-12-2006, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

You could probably find kissers at wal mart, or order online if you dont want to deal with a home made job. They're cheap.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:11 AM

Thanks guys for replys,
I put on these two little black electrical rubber grometts that fit snug on my bow string. I then wrapped with waxed dental floss and sealed with fleching glue . Worked perfect and kisser is right on corner of mouth.
Pretty brokechanic idea , but it works.
Thanks all.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:57 AM

you realize you're going to be putting glue in your mouth, and we're supposed to stop doing that in kindergarten.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:37 PM

Ya I found that out when I was done . Lets just say I can taste the accuracy
Old 01-15-2006, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

A kisser button will work well. My string is beyond the corner of my mouth so I like a three point reference using the corner of my jaw, nose on the center of the string and sight pin centered in the peep. You now have a reference for side to side and up and down when at full draw. If one is out of position you can quickly adjust and follow through with the shot.

Quick Reply: anchor on mid jaw bone, a extra mark on lip??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.