Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Packaging a bow to ship >

Packaging a bow to ship

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Packaging a bow to ship

Old 01-02-2006, 06:06 AM

Default Packaging a bow to ship

What is the best way to package a bow to ship cross country ?

I just sold a bow on the internet and would like to know the best way to package it for minimal damage in shipping.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:02 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Packaging a bow to ship

Go to a bow shop and get an old box or better yet take it to a mailboxes etc. and let them build a box and ship it.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:14 AM

I'm asuming there is no case. Wrap it in bubblewrap and box it snug, but not tight or too loose. Cut the box down if needed. If a bow shop idea for a box doesn't work, a box used to ship an electric guitar works very well. (@ local music store).
ALSO!!! I much prefer FedEx Ground over the Brown guys for care of handling, shipping faster, and are always cheaper! All Kinko's now take FedEx shipments.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

The only suggestion I could add to these is to put some foam over the cams. I have shipped and received a few bows now, some right from the factory, and there is only a plastic bag around the bow in the box. The only xtra I do is the foam over the cams and wheels for a precaution.

I also make my own boxes if I don't have one. I cut down an appliance box and use a blunt tool to score the cardboard and a straight edge to make the corners bend nicely, then a little elmers glue and tape then your done. These boxes are better than the ones the bows are originally shipped in, a stiffer cardboard and built to size. I have even shipped an elk shed in a homemade job, worked out great and I kept it within the shipping measurements.