Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Switchback XT

Old 12-28-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Switchback XT

Just looking for a little feed back on the new Switchback XT. Any one shot one of these yet?
Old 12-28-2005, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Switchback XT

They're pretty nice... real dead in the hand, and no shock. Of course, they ought to be with such extreme parallel technology combined with seven -- yep, count 'em -- harmonic dampeners.

Taking nothing away from the XT, you owe it to yourself to go shoot a Bowtech Tribute with the same specs. Just as dead -- if not deader, if that's possible -- in the hand, with probably another 10-15 fps to boot. You can also order an extra "smooth" module that can be interchanged with the "fast" module without the aid of a bow press, which gives you the feeling of having two bows in one: Put the smooth mods in for extended practice sessions or those long 3D shoots, and install the fast ones for that day in the stand when you're only going to be pulling the bow back probably once. With that said though, of all the '06s I've tried that had the fast mods, I would be hard pressed to have guessed that they weren't the smooth ones.

Having said all that though, if you're dead-set on a Mathews, you're gonna love the XT... probably one of the nicest bows they've made in a long while.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:47 PM

Thanxs for the feedback MQ 1,, I like to keep my options open. I'll give both the Mathews and Bowtech a shot.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try the new Ross also. Smoothness of the Mathew grip of a BT and 200$ cheaper!
Old 12-29-2005, 07:06 AM

I was pretty impressed with the Tribute ! It is the quietest and smoothest (with the smooth modules installed)Bowtech I have shot yet !! But the draw cycle with the fast modules was too harsh for me to enjoy shooting the bow regularly and with the smooth modules the speed was neglible enough that "speed" was taken out of the equation between the two !! The 2 Tributes I looked at had paint already chipping off around the limb pockets and one already had the lettering and yellow ribbon decal coming off ! The Tribute also had a little more handshock to me but was very quiet and dead on the shot (just a slight buzz in the grip ......bare bow) !!

The XT on the other hand had a smoother draw cycle, less vibration(all be it only a slight difference), extremely quiet also on the shot ,and the overall quality just felt much better (especially the camo finish) !! And I am used to tuning and upkeeping Mathews........so the decision became simple for me !!

BTW :

451 grain arrow

Tribute 30" fast module 61# wb rest = 260 fps

XT 30" 74# wb rest = 280 fps

If you do the math.......it should come out to where the Tribute is 6 fps faster with the fast modules (not a whole lot IMO) !! Either would make someone a fine bow ........no doubt about it !!

Oh yeh , one other thing ! The new strings and cables are awesome on the XT !! I have shot hundreds and hundreds of times and have had to make zero adjustments ......it has stayed dead on spec's since the day I got it ! And I tuned it the fastest/easiest of any bow I have ever tuned !! JFYI !!
Old 12-30-2005, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't forget about the Trykon. I shot the Switchback XT and the Trykon side by side. The dealer really pushed the Matthews (not sure why) but I like the feel of the Trykon better. Just be sure to shoot as many as you can and don't be talked into something. You are the one that is going to be shooting it not them. To me it was the Trykon. To the dealer he like the XT. Enjoy the process and enjoy the new bow, whatever you get.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dont TRY and KON this man into buying a TRYKON. You will only Switchback.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Personally, I can't see any reasoning behind the XT except making it a shorter Switchback. I've shot both and even my local dealer scratches his head...he prefers the regular Switchback.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:10 PM

i've shot the trykon and the switchback xt and the original switchback .. i liked the switchback xt the best, i felt some handshock on the trykon and switchback but not on the xt sweet bow!! just my .02[X(]
Old 12-30-2005, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

I was very interested in the Trykon, until I put it into my hand. Just didn't like the feel, felt alot heavier then the XT. I haven't shot it yet, but I can bet the XT will be my next bow.

Quick Reply: Switchback XT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.