Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Finally got to check out the 2006 Bowtechs >

Finally got to check out the 2006 Bowtechs

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Finally got to check out the 2006 Bowtechs

Old 12-27-2005, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Finally got to check out the 2006 Bowtechs

I finally made it to the shop to get good look, and shoot, the 06 models the other day. The pics I seen of the Tribute dont do it justice at all. The machining on the new bows is very nice. Riser, cams, pockets, all very well done. I did notice some of the small changes that no one mentioned. The limb tips now have a solid metal peice over tham and the limb pockets have a different configuration.

I only shot the Tribute, but I must say its a very nice shooter. However, that bow really scares me. Just the sight of looking up and seeing that top limb bowed down toward my head really gave me the willies. Definitely cool though.

Overall, I didn't really see anything in the new bows that will make me go out and buy one.I really like my 05's, and will stick with them for another year or two till..........well who knows.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:40 AM

Default RE: Finally got to check out the 2006 Bowtechs

I like the limb caps. I always wondered if the little set screws on my Defender weakened the limbs at all.

I thought the limbs on the Tribute looked way cool at full draw.

I will also wait until 07 just because my bow is only 6 months old now.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:40 AM

I like the limb caps. I always wondered if the little set screws on my Defender weakened the limbs at all.

I thought the limbs on the Tribute looked way cool at full draw.

I will also wait until 07 just because my bow is only 6 months old now.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

Man...I can't wait to get one of those babies in my hands! I was planning on going to the bowshop last night for a test shoot. I called tosee if he had got any in before I left and found out that the owner is at odds with Bowtech right nowbut is supposed to talk with them next week. I sure hope they get things straightened out because the Tribute is at the top of my list right now. Anythings gotta be better than my 2001 Reflex Xpress. I plan on trying out the Switchback XT and the Trykon XL too. Those sup-parallel limbs sound sweet!!!
Old 12-27-2005, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the Tribute and the 06 Old Glory yesterday with the smooth mods in them...

Both nice, but I didn't see anything that motivated me to put down the 05 Allegiance just yet....
Old 12-27-2005, 12:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Antler Eater

I shot the Tribute and the 06 Old Glory yesterday with the smooth mods in them...

Both nice, but I didn't see anything that motivated me to put down the 05 Allegiance just yet....
That's because you have a great bow.

The Old Glory seems like a normal bow at close range, but it really "shines" when you test it out at 40-60 yards.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Antler Eater

Exactly why I made the statement a while back that I thought that used Allegiances would command a good price when the '06's came out. The '05 is still a great bow
Old 12-28-2005, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

I am working on a deal right now, and might possibly get a new '05 Allegiance or Defender for $100 off. I was wondering if the '06 models were worth going the extra.......and I really don't want to pay that much extra right now.

Muzzyman, I wouldn't worry about the Tribute's limbs looking down on you. Have you ever owned an Oneida? Now thats what you call a limb looking at you.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:55 AM

Cougar Mag, having shot an 06 Tribute and owning an 05 Defender, I would have to say that the $200+ difference probably isn't worth it. Don't get me wrong, the Tribute is a very sweet bow and I want one bad but it is just a little better than the Defender. A little faster, a little less hand shock. a little smoother. If money wasn't an issue, I would say go for the Tribute. If you can save $200 for accessories, I would suggest the Defender.

My Defender is set at 67lbs and flings a 355 grain arrow at 298fps. It's quiet, has little hand shock and balances well in MY hand with a 6oz stabilizer.

I wouldn't shoot a Tribute next to a Defender or Allegiance. That will definately push you over the edge to getting a Tribute! Let you brain think about the money and do the deciding.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the advice G2. I just am not willing and really not able to justify spending $700 or more for a bow right now, so an '05 would be lots better for me.

Quick Reply: Finally got to check out the 2006 Bowtechs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.