Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

shot a trycon

Old 12-21-2005, 07:18 AM

Default shot a trycon

the rollover was intense, it caused a shake in my bow are each time. could be an out of time issue. it didn't have a stab on it and all i can say is upon release, boyyowwwwowowow (that's the sound of the vibration traveling up and down the riser and in the grip area). same sensation with all hoyt's i've shot.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:51 AM

Default RE: shot a trycon

You actually got in your truck, drove somewhere, got out and walked into an archery shop to go shoot a Hoyt...WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU??? [:-][:-]
Old 12-21-2005, 08:10 AM

no, i'm terribly unorganized and someone wanted me to install their speed knocks on their new string. i just bought a dozen last week and can't find them anywhere. had to stop by the shop to grab a couple on the way to the PO and they finally got one in so i shot it.

i really know nothing about tuning a hoyt, or what effect being out of tune has on it, so this could all be a tuning/timing issue.

but it felt just like every other one i've shot, boyowowowowowow (like bevis)
Old 12-21-2005, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Gibb, Your review is starting to sound familiar about the Trykon. It seems quite a few people who have tried it have the same impressions about the valley and vibration. I am driving by a Hoyt dealer later today and will pop in for a look.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:57 AM

terry, when you fire it and it goes boyowowowowowow, think of beavis and try not to laugh.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gibblet

boyowowowowowow (like bevis)
ROFL!! Good stuff there.......lol.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

I shot one yesterday. I am not positive, but pretty sure that it had the 80% letoff or whatever the higher letoff version is. Anyway, it was tricked out with all silencing stuff including a nice stab (shop owner's personal hunting bow). My impressions are ... well ... having shot my Allegiance a million times, the draw was so radically different, it is hard to say ... but, when drawing, I would start the draw and then it would literally slam back to full draw ... would take some time to get used to it. On the shot, it sat in the hand okay. Definitely more jump and hand shock than my Allegiance (which is not all that tricked out, more or less stock except for scorpions on the string in place of the crappy BT hush kit string silencers that last about 10 shots). Still, I am fairly sure I could shoot it well and it does have that nice little Hoyt grip. Do I want to run out and buy one? I don't think so. Just didn't have that "BUY ME NOW" feeling to it.

Oh, and I don't really recall any "boyowowowowowow" ... or bevis ...
Old 12-21-2005, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

HMMMM that's interesting ,I'll have to stop around my local shop and try shooting it ,just to see for myself .I really like the look's and find it to be an very attractive bow ,but if it does as you say ,I don't think I'll be changing brand's .I just can't see me buying anything but a BT .

nubo
Old 12-21-2005, 07:29 PM

Shoots like poop - like most hoyts..

You think because it was slow it would atleast be quite without vibration...............................

They are 3 yrs behind the parrallel curve and need a few more to get it right.

Gotta can the cam.5 also....................darn tuning nightmare....................

Old 12-22-2005, 11:54 AM

you guys make me laugh.

Quick Reply: shot a trycon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.