Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How do you get set up? >

How do you get set up?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How do you get set up?

Old 12-17-2005, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default How do you get set up?

Whats up guys and gals,

OK, take me through your set up. You got a new bow, you put yoour sights on, youve got your rest on, now what? How do you get set to shoot, how close from the target? when do you try the paper test to check flight?

Just take me through your normal process, I am the proud owner of a new( early x-mas) parker and will be going through the steps tomarrow or the next day.

Thanks everyone and look forward to talking with you as always.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: How do you get set up?

ORIGINAL: Iron Archer

Whats up guys and gals,

OK, take me through your set up. You got a new bow, you put yoour sights on, youve got your rest on, now what? How do you get set to shoot, how close from the target? when do you try the paper test to check flight?

Just take me through your normal process, I am the proud owner of a new( early x-mas) parker and will be going through the steps tomarrow or the next day.

Thanks everyone and look forward to talking with you as always.
Hey Iron Archer, sounds like your just getting started. Go to your search engine and put in Tune Your Bow. There are many sites that can help you, because we don't know what you know. There you can learn more than we could ever tell you, because you know what you need help with.

Sorry for such a sarcastic answer, but really that the best place to start.
Bob <><
Old 12-17-2005, 05:20 PM

Default RE: How do you get set up?

iron archer
I agree with Rev 100%.. Im waiting for my new Bowtech to arrive and will besetting it up this week. There are several good web sightsthat go step by step - just search bow tuning. Too much detail to exlain here. You will need a few real helpful tools that make it much easier. you can get them from a local bow shop or if your like me order from cabelas. Good luck!