Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrows

Old 11-29-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Arrows

I have a Browning Yukon set at 27 inch draw and roughly 50 pound draw weight. Right now I have some Gander Mountain Whitetail something arrows.I want to start shooting some more 3D but I will be hunting also. What would be some fast and accurate arrows for me. Also, would you sugest to buy bare shafts and get them flecthed or buy the whole arrow. I plan on shooting 100 grain Slick Tricks for hunting. Also, any tips on a good stabilizer?
Old 11-30-2005, 05:14 AM

Default RE: Arrows

What would be some fast and accurate arrows for me
The classic archery oxymoron. The faster an arrow goes, the more difficulty in getting it to do so accurately with broadheads. You should narrow your focus, unless you want to buy a set of arrows for each goal.

What's really important to you? Do you want a hunting setup where you use 3D to tune your skills, or are you a competitive 3d shooter who hunts sometimes, but doesn't really care about optimizing his set-up for hunting?

Hunting arrows require certain attributes to get broadhead to fly accurately in high winds and adverse hunting conditions. 3D rewards those who shoot light arrows at high speeds with field tips. It's a different animal.

Is there an arrow that does both sorta okay? Probably, but who would want it?
Old 11-30-2005, 10:10 AM

If i were you i would take a look at the Carbon Tech Whitetails.They are extremely straight.Not to sure about them being so fast for your set up though.As far as stabilizer's go you ned to try a bunch of different ones to find the one that suits your needs best.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:30 PM

sry bout that, i meant what were some very accurate arrows that still are fairly fast. I am more interested in acurracy than speed.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:40 PM

My Carbon Techs are fast and accurate
Old 11-30-2005, 05:28 PM

[/align]At that length and tip weight GoldTip 3555's would work. Maybe better with an 85 grain tip though. They would still be relatively fast. And they may be close to that double-duty arrow you're looking for. The XT series is plenty straight (.003") for hunting and 3D, plus the price is good. They are also 2 grains per dozen in weight. I really like GoldTip arrows. Used them for a few years now and they are durable.