Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Draw length question for you experts >

Draw length question for you experts

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Draw length question for you experts

Old 11-28-2005, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default Draw length question for you experts

I have a 32" draw lenght and was wondering, if I shoot with a string loop and release would that make it able for me to go with a 30" bow?

It would be alot easier to shop that way. Right now I shoot with a 20year old no-cam browning. lol I'll be looking for a new bow soon and its really hard to find a 32 in stock. I'm trying to avoid the whole online shopping thing.

Thanks for any help.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Draw length question for you experts

You could shoot that way but your accuracy will go to crap and the loop would have to be huuuuuuuuuuge, like jump rope huge.

There are a number of bows out there that offer a 32" draw length.

Here is a short list.

Bowtech - old glory
Darton - tundra extreme
Hoyt - a number of bows to choose from here.
Kodiak - bow logic 36
Mathews - ovation, conquest 3, switchback LD

Old 11-28-2005, 08:23 PM

wow 32 inch draw thats pretty good size. before you buy make sure they measure you again.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Site Bouncer

A string loop and releasewill not give you 2in of draw length. There are alot of bows out there that offer longer draw lengths. First be sure you area true 32in. draw. For some reason most people are over drawn.If you indeedare at 32intry out some 31in bows and you might find one that fits. Mostbows will draw slightly longer thanlisted.

I too have a long draw length and have found that my Browning Boss Tracker is set at 31in and it's actual length is 32in. My Browning Blood Brother is set at 31 and it's actual length is 31.5in and my Browning Rage One is set at 31in and it's actual draw length is 31.75

There are alot of bows that draw 31in and they just might fit you fine.

For years I thought I was a 32-33in draw, after all my wing span is 82in so It must be,right? Well after shooting shorter draw lenghts I have found that my ideal length is somewhere between 31.5 and 32 depending on the bow andI have never shot better. If your wingspan is under mine (82in) then I would strongly suggest you check out some of the 31in draw bows. Most can be foundon pro shop racks. Browning offers almost a full line of 31in draw bows. Good luck
Old 11-29-2005, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks everyone,

I realize there are 32" bows out there but I cant do a shooting comparison since nobody has the length I need in stock. I geuss I will have to make a guess on a bow I like and order online.

Oh, and yes I am sure my lenght is 32. I measure just hair under 83 from tip to tip. I am 6'5" 268lbs therefore the name Iron Archer comes in to play

Thanks for the help. I'll let you know what happens.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:29 AM

Iron,

I'm 6.5 also with a 31 inch draw length. You have got to check out the 2006 Old Glory bow made by BowTech. It was my choice after trying several others. Once you find a BowTech dealer you can also shoot the Constitution Bow. They offer it in draw lengths up to 33 inches. They don't advertise that, but with the right cams you can have the shop do it. Plenty of room on the draw stop peg. 40 ATA. Let us know what you decide.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know what you're facing. With my 33" draw on compounds, I've wasted a lot of money over the years ordering bows that looked good but shot like garbage when I finally got them.

I did try long looping one 31 incher, used a big hunter size Shurz-a-peep 2X2 so I could see through it (that sucker was a l-o-n-g way from my eye at full draw) with a Scott Mongoose releaseand I shot very well with it. Won several 3D tournaments with that bow, in fact. So,setting up a bow that waycan be done.

Better to get a bow that fits though.

Old 11-29-2005, 12:02 PM
Site Bouncer

Oh, and yes I am sure my lenght is 32. I measure just hair under 83 from tip to tip. I am 6'5" 268lbs therefore the name Iron Archer comes in to play
Iron Archer,

Your wing span isless than an inch longer than mine.I would strongly urge you to pull back some 31in bows. Like I said most will draw longer than stated. It will at least give you an idea of how that bow shoots. 31in draw bows are easier to find on the racks than 32in and up.

I have said it before and I will say it again....It's not a "Big Mans" world.
6'4" 325lb here
Old 11-29-2005, 12:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

6'6", 355 and 83" wingspan here. It definitely isa sore trial, living in a world built for smurfs. [8D]
Old 11-29-2005, 12:35 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

6'6", 355 and 83" wingspan here. It definitely isa sore trial, living in a world built for smurfs. [8D]
I'm reading your mail Arthur!!

Quick Reply: Draw length question for you experts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.