Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 changing to a finger tab >

changing to a finger tab

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

changing to a finger tab

Old 11-23-2005, 07:37 AM

Default changing to a finger tab

I would like to change to a finger tab.

where do I start with changing my rest (its a schaffer fallaway) it can be changed to a ridged if needed. I know that I have to remove the loop on the string and set a nocking point. I just need enough info to get me close and I can take it from there. I will shoot straddle 1 finger above and 2 below

Thanks , GGBH
Old 11-23-2005, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: changing to a finger tab

Check out the Terry rest with Cavalier cushion plunger. Very easy to install and adjustments can be made to fine tune your setup to your particular style. This combination is great for split finger or three under.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: changing to a finger tab

I know diddly about the schaffer fallaway but, if it uses adjustable prongs on the launcher, you can modify it. Remove one prong and the mounting bolt. Remount therest bracketusing a plunger. Adjust the cushion plunger so that the tip of the arrow is slightly outboard of centershot. Then adjust centershot on the rest bracket so that the remaining prong is close enough to hold the arrow. Leave the prong in the down position if you like, or rotate the prong so it's pointing up and out for a little extra arrow retention insurance.

If the rest can lock in the upright position, you can still use it in dropaway mode if you want. If it's the type that pulls up during the draw, you'll have to make it rigid.

This is all assuming the rest can be mounted so that the prongs are even with the rest mounting hole. If not, you'll need to buy a different rest. The Terry rest has been around for years and has a great reputation. Also, Golden Key Futura and Cavalier make great fingers rests. I'm kinda partial to Cavalier's FreeFlyte micro adjust.