Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Can dipped camouflage be repaired? >

Can dipped camouflage be repaired?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Can dipped camouflage be repaired?

Old 11-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default Can dipped camouflage be repaired?

I've got an '04 Bowtech that's in pristine condition except for the camo on the handle that has rubbed off through normal wear and tear almost to the point of being defective.

I was wondering if they make decals of camo patterns (Mossy Oak Obsession to be specific) that can be used to repair the finish?

Fritz
Old 11-21-2005, 06:05 PM

Default RE: Can dipped camouflage be repaired?

I've seen this as well on other Bowtech's. I wonder
if you could use some flexible cammo tape....you know the
stuff that shotgunners use to do up their guns? Just a thought?
Good luck to ya.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:17 PM

i put some moleskin on the front of mine.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: gibblet

i put some moleskin on the front of mine.
Oh yeah.....forgot to mention...my buddy has
the same thing on his grip/handle
Old 11-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have an '02 Bowtech Patriot.....been a great bow.......until this year I hadn't had a speck of missing camo on the front of the handle/grip. Its interesting when it dissappeared..........I had just cleaned my bow, I was getting ready for a bunch of hunting the upcomming 3 weeks. The next night out, my son and I shot a big doe. I gutted it and my hands were bloody but I really had alot of fat/tallow on my shooting hand. I had handled my bow alot with this stuff on my.Two days later I went to clean up equipment and I noticed there was no paint left on the front of the handle. Could this be the explanation?

I'm going to put a limbsaver hand insulator on that spot.....you won't even notice it missing!

GoodLuck!
Old 11-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I put over 5000 shots on mine before I put a SIMS insulator strip on the front. The camo still looks good under there though. I wonder if they changed the dipping process part way through the production year? I know of other people that have shot theirs considerably less than I have mine, and there paint is all gone?
Old 11-21-2005, 08:43 PM

some of us just have greasy hands i think.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Since your hand will be covering the worn area at the moment of the shot and the deer won't see it then what's the problem ?
Old 11-22-2005, 01:43 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Since your hand will be covering the worn area at the moment of the shot and the deer won't see it then what's the problem ?
I agree...... My Browning Blood Brother has the camo dip worn through to the silver alum. But I always holdmy bow while hunting so I don't even worry about it.

You could have it re-dipped but I would suggest having the whole bow done as I'm sure the camo pattern would not be the same. The others have also given some great ways of covering it up as well. It just depends on if you like something on your grip or not. I personally don't like anything on my grip, no tape, sims, rubber cover, etc..

You could try to touch it up with paint although I don't know how that would look.

I guess if it really bothers you then you should do something about it. But if you can live with it, then just leave it the way it is. Look at it this way....at least people can tell that you shoot it
Old 11-22-2005, 02:59 PM

i just put the moleskin on the front face. not where i touch it when i shoot. i took the grip off my patriot and have tried wraps on it, but nothing shoots as well as straight off the riser. its just a million times easier to have the same grip every time without rounded edges.

Quick Reply: Can dipped camouflage be repaired?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.