Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

say it aint so

Old 11-19-2005, 08:11 AM

Default say it aint so

I was just on the bowtech website and notices that the 06 old glory's dl is 28+. Is this a Typo (keeping my fingers crosses I have a 27.5 DL) if not I guess I am SOL.
Thanks
Mike
Old 11-19-2005, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: say it aint so

You read right........currently theOld Glroy isn't offered lower than a 28" draw length, but you never know. They tweaked things a bit to get 27" (an extra 1/2") as the high end on the Equalizer model which is listed as a peak of 26.5".

Old 11-19-2005, 02:08 PM

DOPVFT,

Take what Matt has said and add this to take care of your problem. Purchase a Scott release that has the trigger mounted further forward. This will get you what you need and bring your ancor points in right where they should be. Get the 2006 Old Glory, I absolutely love mine.

Old 11-20-2005, 07:30 AM

The constitution fits my dl. Might have to lookinto that. I am looking for a 3d bow. I would like the ibo speed to be at least 305 and a 7 inch or more BH. The constition and the ultratec both fit those. Any one think I 40 inch ata to too long for 3d?
Old 11-20-2005, 10:19 AM

DOPVFT,

I almost bought the Constitution for hunting because I like the stability and forgivness of the longer axle to axle bows. I emailed BowTech and they actually said that the Constitution was designed more for 3D target than a hunting bow. I'm 6.5 tall so they said that the Old Glory was the best hunting bow for me and for a customer looking for the longer axle to axle, wheretop speed wasn't their highest priority. Plus the Old Glory is offered in a 31 inch draw length. For your purposes it sounds likethe Constitutionwill be the best bow for you. 40 ATA is not too long, it will be a very accurate bow. The Constitution can still be used for hunting and make a great bow. I just think between the two bows and if one had to choose for hunting bow only, the Old Glory would be the way to go.