Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Tunig new bow

Old 11-11-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Tunig new bow

Hey guys hope you can help me here. I bought the Parker Pheonix32 outfitter this year and seem to be having trouble setting my 30 and 40 yard pins. My 30 is so low I can't even site in the 40 since it will not drop any lower on the set up. Could this be the peep is set wrong for me? It also seems the more I shoot the bow in anyone time while practicing I seem to always drop low and to the left. My first few shots are always grouped right on.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:30 PM

Default RE: Tunig new bow

if you're dropping low and left, think about it, your letting your bow arm go as you release the arrow - anticipating it and relaxing early. that's the big deal about the 'surprise' shot, you can't relax too early.

there should be a way to move the the whole sight aperture down on the mounting bar by loosening some screws and sliding it down, or taking some screws out and moving it down.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Assuming the bow is tuned well then the only thing you can do is lower your anchor, move the peep up the string (kisser also) and resight.You should be able to do as Gibblet said and gang adjust the whole sight, but you want to go up, not down.This should move your pins up also.

The other thing, about shooting low left is simply a matter of dropping your bowarm. You gotta follow through, aiming till the arrow hits the target. Part of it could be getting tired, in which case I would assume that you are drawing more weight than your body can hold up to.
Males have this problem. It's called Testosterone. They think that because they can draw a certain weight easily that they need more and more. Well, it's supposed to be easy---and fun. That's partly the reason you got into the sport in the first place. Try turning the weight down till you furthertrain the right muscles.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:09 AM

Two things. First, I would at all costs try NOT to change your peep location. You need to draw your bow (with eyes closed) to your anchor spot, with your nose just touching (not smashing down on..) the string. now open your eyes and see where your peep sits. If you have to adjust to see through your peep, you are not shooting comfortably, and therefore, less accuratley than youcould be. Start there, then move your pins to compensate. (if the peep moves up the pins will need to be moved up to compensate.)
Next. Always chase the arrow with your pins.Arrows hittingto the left? Move the pins to the left. To fix your problem with your pins being low, move the housing down, and all the pins up the same distance, thus making room for your lower pins. Also, don't drop your bow arm until your arrow hits the target. This will keep you from dropping to soon. (surprise release is the best way to go {opinion} as well.)